Battlefield 2042 - DICE Goes Back to the Future, Just Not the 2142 Future

ABSOLUTELY NOBODY DOES THIS!!!

Fuckers! :D

I like it so far, having more fun in the slightly more hardcore Portal experiences. Spent some time flying choppers today and tweaking control settings. Desperately needs some team comms, as teamwork suffers greatly, but that cuts both ways, I suppose.

Watched a sniper tutorial the other day, loaded into Discarded, one shot killl my first shot from good range. Proceeded to not hit anything else for 15 minutes! lol

It’s getting slightly better, I was rezzed four times in the same game yesterday!

Yep, sniping for me is very streaky as I get Headshots in spurts. I find that sometimes I wait to long for a “perfect” shot and need to just pull the damn trigger already before I miss my chance. I’ve been sniping with turret guy a lot. I throw it out as distraction and then shot from cover right near it. People get cocky when all the see is a turret and will expose themselves, especially at far range as the aim for turret sucks. It 's also really good for covering your 6.

Ha!

I actually see a lot of revives in a game. I’m doing them. My pals I’m playing with are doing them. Randoms are doing it, but moreso when I play Breakthrough than when I play Conquest. The randomness of Conquest I think also contributes to people not being as likely to do revives. It’s so important though for retaining tickets.

Here’s a good video for some ideas on how to play (and shows a wacky bug Broken ran into) and more importantly is just straight streaming gameplay with no edits so you can see how Broken Machine just flitters about flanking and helping on defense. Another thing I like is it shows how you have tools and shouldn’t forget about them. Calls in a Bolte. Calls in a Ranger. Uses the Bolte mainly for movement and not assault… which is a little toxic given the need for tanks in the fight, but also could have resulted in the start of a re-cap of A1.

He explains the utility of this specific LMG. Also notes the suppressor, which you really should try to unlock on at least one automatic weapon so you can close assault without being on the radar.

BTW, I’ve added everyone who friended me here. I didn’t realize how you had to accept them in Origin the first few days. If you see me playing solo, feel free to hmu for a squad. I was on Jason McMaster’s stream last night. Good times. I join around the 37 minute mark. I bought a new monitor yesterday and am real happy with the upgrade.

I have accomplished all my life goals playing this game.

This. Swapped to Breakthrough and I’m typically being revived multiple times per round by randoms, and doing 5-10 myself (I’m a rubbish shot so saving lives is my only way of helping).

In Conquest it almost never happened.

Arriving tomorrow!

Weekly player missions that reward a cosmetic start tomorrow too.

Also… want to point out this Portal stuff…

In Battlefield Portal we’re adding new game mode layouts for Rush on all All-Out Warfare maps. We’re also adding several new templates to the Builder, and a new custom mode called Vehicle Team Deathmatch, which allows you to utilize combat vehicles in custom experiences. It will also support logic created in the Rules Editor, allowing players to spawn at team HQ and adding more options when creating custom games.

Lastly, we’re adding a new logic option to the Rules Editor that checks the source of fatal damage to a player; e.g. maybe from a melee weapon or rifle. This opens up a ton of new possibilities, and we’re looking forward to seeing what cool modes you’ll build with this!

I really think this game is going to have some serious legs and some really wild new modes over time. It’s quite possible we’ll find the “next Battlefield” game type from things people will do in Portal.

I want all the maps from every BF uploaded into Portal for use. Is this the plan? Will it be purchasable like a DLC to unlock them? Maybe $9.99 per pack or something? Please say yes.

They said they won’t charge for maps in BF2042, so probably not.

That said, I can certainly see more maps being added to Portal if numbers stay strong.

Since the maps are completely updated with new graphics, I think it’s going to take a little while to get more in there. That said, they almost have to be heading down that road. It’s a completely different studio than the main studio working on All-Out Warfare.

I haven’t even touched Hazard Zone but one time. They really should have left that out and probably made it its own full free to play game.

I hope so but they have their work cut out for them to turn it around. Player counts have been cratering.

There are a bazillion fixes and slight changes in this patch. Definitely worth a read through if you’re playing.

Dude. Hazard Zone has your name all over it. I predict you’re gonna go nuts when you get back to it. Invite plz?

BTW, I think the secret to Hazard Zone must be upgrading that basic M5 assault rifle in Conquest so your basic free gun can be more competitive. Using that, you can then grind for money for better stuff?

-Tom

I need a squad! I tried it as a solo, which of course you have no ability to chat with people so it was pretty hard to even figure out where to go or what to do. I might like it with peeps I know?

Yeah no voice comms in Hazard PUGs is a recipe for frustration. It’s a mode that even more relies on basic comms like ‘who’s got a hard drive spotter’ and ‘where to next’. Event the spotting system won’t cut it since hard drive location info is too vague to drop a ping on.

After playing a bunch of hours and unlocking a lot of toys, I can report that for the most part, the stuff like the tornado or the Orbital launch/explosion are a real waste of resources. They’re not all that much of an event. They don’t change the maps much, and people just ignore them and wait them out to resume whatever they were doing in that area. The only one that really has an impact on the way you play is the blinding dust storm that can crop up on the sand map.

These are all poor substitutes for the level-changing event stuff we got in previous BF games.

Guess what people are raging about after the patch?

Also…

DICE clearly has their fingers on the pulse of the playerbase. I don’t care about cosmetics really but… Santa outfits? Really?

Personally, I like it. Then again, I’ve never taken Battlefield too seriously.

I think DICE has done some Christmas easter eggs in the game in the past. Probably the reason this really rubs people the wrong way is because nowadays it’s synonymous with Fortnite/Call of Duty/etc. games having all sorts of costuming like that and BF hasn’t gone that far and stuck it in people’s faces this way until now. Their cosmetic stuff was always less outside the game’s fiction.

Also, people are clowns… I assume this was released for BFV…?

I wonder what these people would have thought when Heavy Gear II put Santa hats on the mechs for the holidays?