Battlefield 2042 - DICE Goes Back to the Future, Just Not the 2142 Future

I think they could be interesting, but you’d have to make it so you can’t drop vehicles up there. Still, they’re better served in smaller player count modes is my guess. Rush objectives are up there on Kaleidoscope and THAT is cool.

Haha. Prox Sensor nerfs gonna make some Rao/Paik XP farmers cry.

Any map with a rooftop capture sucks, can’t wait for todays patch, also the teabagging was in full effect last night.

I got my first multi kill with one of them anti tank flying grenades, that was pretty cool.

They use to be, when you could bring the whole thing down and the rubble became a capture point as well.

Patch notes look good, ready for more content that is not skins though. Paltry number of available maps for launch.

Yikes, this is already 40% off three weeks after release? Glad I played via EA Play and didn’t shell out full price.

I believe it sold pretty well so a bit surprised.

$40 on disc at Best Buy today. Any version.

It did sell very well. I think this is simply them taking advantage of the holiday season. It’s a month from the early release now.

One way to take out the enemy team quickly…

Unlocked the weekly shotgun skin. Not bad. Took three Rush matches and a couple of regular Conquest sessions to get it.

Just FYI that solo/co-op bot matches don’t count towards that progression.

Yeah, I don’t expect any bot stuff to count for anything tbh. I also enjoy playing against real players if at all possible.

I plan to play tonight and see what’s up. Patch 3.1 is getting good reviews across the board it seems.

Hourglass is the worst map, the worst. No mode makes it good. Moving the points off the rooftops only makes it suck less.

I like it as a Conquest map. It just needs more vehicles tbh. It should play like El Alamein.

Kaleidoscope is the worst map. Just terrible. It doesn’t even look interesting.

Kaleidescope and Hourglass were my most disliked out of a really poor set of launch maps. In my book, you’re both right!

Not sure about this, but will check it out. I’m guessing it will use the smaller map size that’s used on PS4 and Xbox One?

That’s what I heard. I haven’t jumped into it yet.

Cool. If they gave you the ability to cross-play with those platforms, that would be ideal. One of my regulars is still on those older consoles and probably will be for the foreseeable future. Can’t play 2042 with him unless I’d have the PS4 version installed on PS5 (which I don’t currently own).

More CoD than BF2042 I guess, but still hilarious…