Battlefield 2042 - DICE Goes Back to the Future, Just Not the 2142 Future

It’s almost E3 season! Time for the trailers and announcements to start trickling in.

As noted by someone on Resetera…

“God, this fucking crossgen is a curse.”

I imagine things weren’t helped by the supply issues with the new consoles

The PS4 and Xbone were underpowered when they launched, and it’s been eight years.

I predict the last-gen versions are going to suck hard or be massively gimped.

Supposed leaked screenshots from trailer: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Looks like a Boston Dynamics robo-dog in there.

EA has announced June 9th as the reveal date for the new Battlefield.

EA/DICE sent some messages to a bunch of EA game changers with different bits garbled, but when they get it put together they end up with:

Edit: twitter link wasn’t showing anything here so found the image elsewhere

I wonder if it’s a Battlefield game about fighting climate change.

Hopefully we will finally know on Wednesday.

Sounds like the old “colony ship with the last survivors of a dead Earth trying to put down on a new planet.” AKA, Outriders.

Edit: Never mind this apparently is fan made.

Rush in Valparaiso in BFBC2 was magical.

Grain of salt, etc.

I went to play Battlefield V earlier tonight and there’s a teaser thing for the new game right when you start it up. Pretty cool.

Yep, they stuck it in BF1 and BF4 as well. With all the stuff they’ve been doing the past few days I wonder if they’ve also been behind some of the leak stuff that had been going on recently. Excited to see what they reveal on Wednesday.

That’s pretty cool. I would not be at all surprised if there are other Easter eggs in the games somewhere.

So if this is true, if there are large maps that are formed into sectors, and once taken over, that sector is locked, then it sounds like the very linear game mode “Breakthrough”. In my opinion, it’s just a narrow corridor to fight for an objective with very little avenues to flank. If this is the case, then another departure from Battlefield…I hope it’s just a game mode and we get large maps to allow vehicle use and flanking. That’s Battlefield…

Yeah I thought the same, there was a mode like that in BF1 too. What’s the point of making a super big map if only 1/4 of it is available to the players at a time?

Well, I know what is is: marketing bullet points.