Battlefield 5: awesomeness continues

You don’t think if there had been a Bad Company 3 instead there wouldn’t be pre-order DLC?

— Alan

Yeah, pre-order DLC is part and parcel of gaming now.

Oh boy, I think DICE will knock it out of the park with this. Modern military shooter fatigue is very real.

As someone who stepped off the Battlefield / COD treadmill a few iterations ago, I have to say this sounds …intriguing? Refreshing? Like something I would want to play? Yes to all those.

I wonder how long the loading times were in WWI.

Same.

Nothing in the revealed pictures to me seems like it’s alternative reality. From the pistol, the trench club, the Zeppelin, the gas mask etc are all period correct. Even the cape was fairly common in WW1 as a rain poncho IIRC.

WW1? Cover shooter confirmed, then? :)

I generally prefer a more future setting, but going back to WWI might be interesting. I do personally hope it is alternative history though as i like that.

WW1 confirmed. Nice!

Yep. Battlefield 1, ww1, obviously not very realistic in how planes and tanks will move but that’s BF for you!

Trailer: https://youtu.be/c7nRTF2SowQ

Time to brush up on those Sopwith Camel skills!

Strafing a Zeb or spotter balloons should be fun.

Terrible choice of music for the trailer.

TIL that in the 20th century, soldiers were still using what is essentially a mace as weaponry. Weird.

My last one was BF3, which I enjoyed less than Bad Company 2. I played a lot of BF1942 and 2142, and a ridiculous amount of BF2, though, and am hoping for something that is as fun as those were.

I’ve also burned out on all the little tech gadget unlocks in the latter games and the latter CODs, so the setting is quite intriguing if it’s indeed WW1. Even if they go alternate-history, hopefully they keep it a bit more grounded and the unlocks are believable for the period.

Edit: Of course the trailer gets posted right after I post. Looks quite interesting.

I’m out. Everyone’s just going to camp the good planes and leave me with the Fokker E.III.

Hellfighter, Red Baron, and Lawrence of Arabia packs full of themed weapons and gear…

Oh heck yes.

Also, that’s some savvy recycling of desert assets from Battlefront.

So, imagine this in Vr… Arrrgghhhh

Hunh. I just noticed the Pre-order DLC packs make no mention at all of maps. Just gear and weapons.

Could it be that DICE is going to make all maps free downloads to stop splintering the players?

That might make sense with the way they’ve been handling Battlefront’s mix of free and paid maps.

Hopefully that is a armored war blimp at the end. Because I wants it.