Battlefield: Bad Company

Is anybody playing Battlefield: Bad Company? My copy from Gamefly is here and I’ve just about played through the introduction – so far it’s not grabbing me like COD4 did, but maybe it’s in the multiplayer that it shines.

I bet that guy who posted the same goddamn thing 3 days ago would love to play!

I love it, but my time zone won’t work for you

I play. The multiplayer is classic Battlefield nothing too different from the rest, still very fun though. The single player campaign is what pulled me into the game, I fell in love with it right away.

I have two complaints however, first your squad is pretty useless. I’ve lost count how many times I’ve needed my anti-tank guy to hit a vehicle when I’ve been out of rockets and he’ll just sit there. So make sure you always have a secondary weapon that can take out vehicles. Secondly, the enemy AI always singles you out. It’s not as bad as Mercs 2 where you can’t hide and they always know where you are, but your squad can’t take some bullets for you because the AI doesn’t shoot at them. That being said, I still have a lot of fun with it. I’ve completed it on normal and I’m working my way through on hard now.

I would argue that the destructibility makes it somewhat different (and more fun). I played it a lot this summer, but when I got back from my summer vacation, then nobody on my friends list was playing it anymore so I moved on to other games…

I’m on PS3 and still play. Great multiplayer.

I don’t really get why people want to play these huge team shooters with people they know. I play DoD with a friend, and most of the time we don’t even work together at all, because we like to take different classes and different approaches. I can see wanting to meet some qt3ers for a RTS or maybe some co-op RPG action, but this puzzles me, just jump into one of the (I assume) many open servers.