Battlefield V - WW2, cosmetic loot, DICE

Yawn.

The conventional AAA shooters just don’t really appeal to me anymore. Feels like an era has ended for me.

Have you heard of our Lord and Savior, Titanfall 2, my son?

Yes I have heard the good word!

I loved both the campaign and Frontier Defense horde mode. I don’t think I ever touched the pvp multiplayer though. I love coop shooter modes against AI.

Recently I bounced hard off of Battlefield 1, Call of Duty WWII, Batallion 1944, among others. Just don’t have it in me anymore.

Tell me of your Frontier Defense horde mode, Usul.

It’s funny, I have no desire to play any of those, but I recently started playing Medal of Honor: Airborne for the first time and it is GREAT.

Yeah, I think I’m done at this point. They are beautiful games, and even can be fun, but I don’t seem to really have the desire to play them. I bought BF1 and the season pass and I don’t think I’ve played since the first dlc or before.

Can I share in the good word of Ion Maiden, my friends?!

Come on, dude, that game looks like it was made in 1996.

Bask in the glow that is the frenzy of a 1996 shooter made with 2018 technology, my son.

Shouldn’t that be flipped? ;)

Er…should it?

I will say that I actually think the name works. Battlefield V. It comes after Battlefield 4 and it fits the setting.

V for victory.

This will be the first return to WWII for the Battlefield series on PC since the original game. I’m not sure how you wouldn’t be excited for it?! It’s been 16 years!!

This led the developers to focus on WWI, with WWII as a backup if Battlefield 1 failed to excite players

Huh. Did BF1 not meet sales expectations in the end? I dunno.

Client sales were quite good. I think if there was any “disappointment” with revenue, it would be with the cosmetic loot boxes that no one cares about. Seriously, no one. They only have skins for guns and vehicles and you can’t even see them most of the time due to the dust or mud that coats everything during matches.

According to the sources, they’ll be remedying that with V. A lot more soldier customization.

Also boooooooooooooooooooooooo 👎

News that the next Battlefield game will take place in World War II goes against earlier rumors that the next game in the series was going to be Battlefield Bad Company 3, set during the Vietnam War. While DICE is listening to fans on the future of the Bad Company series, a sequel isn’t likely to come out anytime soon.

Meh… I might get it, but I burned out on Battlefield 1 quicker than any previous game, I am just tired of doing the same thing over and over. :p

Based on enjoying the first 3 Battlefield 1 campaigns, I’m interested to see what single player Battlefield V has to offer. Hopefully they can do better than the cliched campaign reportedly in CoD WW2.

As I think I’ve said before, best control scheme in history with a controller, why absolutely everyone didn’t rip this off is beyond me. Fantastic game.