Battlefield V - WW2, cosmetic loot, DICE

Battlefield V is going to look inferior compared to the 5th Batttlefield, The Battlefield One.

I blame this on short development cycles. Or maybe I am possesed by the ghost of cynism of the internet.

The singleplayer videos I have watched today of BFV looked bad, ackward.

Release dates:

Nov 9 with Origin Access Premier Subscription.
Nov 15 with Deluxe Edition.
Nov 20 for Standard Edition.

FIRESTORM delayed until March 2019

They’re really screwing up on this.

The feeling that the entire release was rushed is obvious to everyone at this point. They should just move the whole release till next March.

The problem is that next February/March is really crowded release-wise.

At least in November, they don’t have as much competition of big releases, I don’t think. As wild as that is.

While yay for me since I decided to do premiere (and I seem to be getting my money out of it already with almost 40 hours in Madden 19 this past week) instead of buying the game, why on earth would they split it up like that?

Maps!

Ok seriously ,WTF. This has to be the easiest thing to add to the game, and its not in at release.

Also PC gamer seems to like it so far.

Played through the first single player thing, and am part way through the second (first being SBS in North Africa, second being Norwegian resistance fighters). Haven’t tried multi yet.

The running and gunning is solid, though the single-player missions even on medium often throw a ton of enemies at you, enemies who actually do a lot of flanking and are really annoying. Had to replay the last mission of the first campaign like ten times. Says more about my lack of skilz than anything I think.

The intro video stuff, where they do their expected “war is hell but brings out the best of us” schtick, is quite mixed IMO. Things like Tigers at Tobruk in '41 (nope) and locating Kasserine Pass in Algeria (also, nope) sort of miffed me, but the really weird stuff is the way they awkwardly try to integrate German soldiers into the narrative. They actually manage to avoid any hint that there just might, you know, be some real significant difference between the forces of the UK, France, etc. and Nazi Germany. Not that I expect a game like this to do a lot with that, or maybe anything, but the juxtaposition of the sort of populist “we’re all people” bit with Nazi officers (in one scene, shown having just strung up and lynched someone from a lamppost) is a bit jarring.

As for game stuff, tons of customization, progression, in-game currency, etc. Didn’t see any overt cash money stuff, but wasn’t paying attention really.

Performance is generally good on my ancient i5/970 rig, though when loading cutscenes the sound and usually the game sort of stutters and hangs for a bit before it all works out. And quitting and going back to the menus takes forever, and makes me think the game has locked up. But actual in-game stuff seems fine.

I’ve always preferred BF to COD so decided to take the plunge and try the EA Premier thingy (I had the basic and it’s been worth it for me). So I figure at worst it’s a month long trial of BFV. And it even has Madden which I don’t think I’ve even played in a decade. Looks like this opens up for Premier users in less than a hour, which should be enough time for me to download it. On another site I read EA Basic can play it today, but they have to buy the game. But I don’t see that on the Orgin thing, so I’m not sure.

i played the open beta and liked it fwiw, a newer BF1. And watching some twitch streams, game looks pretty good. I am tempted… I need my BF fix for this season…

I’ll probably give a month of Premier a try in December, see how much they changed/improved from BETA.

With RDR2 and Hitman 2, my November is booked full.

Both the familes Xboxes are pretty much taken over by kids at this point. So no RDR for me. But the PC is in our bedroom and while the kids occasionally wander in for some gaming, I can keep the Origin app without a deskstop shortcut so they won’t know it’s here and get in and jack with my stats. And I don’t feel too bad about it, I mean I keep them generally well fed.

This push me to not get the game.

I don’t want to be any part of something this dumb.

These 139 pages of patch notes are pretty impressive:

Had to update my video driver but once that was done I jumped in.

Got a lot of tags and stuff, but not all seem to be selectable. The BF Veteran is the only one I cared about. Not a big deal, but I’m not sure how the whole dress-up thing works with BF now. The Intro movie/playthru ended up being better than I expected. Still a bit of a tonal shift from ‘War, what is it good for’ tone with the movie parts, to ‘Kill the dude with red!! hahahaha’ of the game. But it was more impressive and meaningful than I expected.

Solo campaign was a beast. Or I just suck. So much dying on my part. Gave up after about 20 minutes and I think making it halfway thru the first battle.

MultiPlayer. Big, wide, and slower than COD but still tense and not too complicated yet (granted, there are a ton of things I prob don’t even know you can do). I’m on the positive of the k/d ratio. Probably the only time I’ll be there so I really should take a screen shot.

This should have been the trailer they showed back at reveal time.

LAUNCH TRAILER

Dat BF theme… :D

I can’t hear the sound, but man, just the visuals on that trailer were really great. It made me want the game.

Is a good trailer, bront.