Battlefield V - WW2, cosmetic loot, DICE

Man, I suck at this game. I really like it, but my situational awareness and reaction times are like those of a 57 year old man.

Wait. I am a 57 year old man.

Hmm.

Ha! I’m about to hit 50 myself and my twitch skills for FPS have never been the best so I feel ya. But that’s why I’ve like the BF series so much, it’s a little less hectic. I’ve found that if I’m in a good squad it helps a ton. I can learn the routes they take and where the traps in the map are. Plus I get points for reviving even without being a medic and even without using a mic there is a feeling of camaraderie.

Yeah, people revive pretty often, though there seems to be a glitch where the “E” doesn’t show up for you to interact/revive sometimes. The maps are really nice but the detail on them really makes keeping track of where the bad guys are difficult. Which is ok, really.

Also enjoying here on PC. I’ve only ever played with voice chat in a squad with buddies, and I have got so used to that now that I don’t think I could play MP alone, without voice chat.
is the SP any good? I skipped it in BF1 entirely, in favour of many hundreds of hours of MP, but if its truly awesome I could maybe try it.

Just saw this:

Battlefield 5 is now comes free with all RTX cards.

I found the three (so far, there’s a fourth German solo story coming next month I think) solo stories good to very good. The first one, about a Special Boat Service soldier in North Africa, is ok, with a way too annoying wave battle unfortunately. The second, about a Norwegian female resistance fighter trying to scuttle German heavy water production, is rather good. The third, about a Senegalese Tirailleur in the fighting in southern France after Dragoon is very good, IMO. The solo campaigns are not terribly long, and I think they want you to replay different parts of them to find all the collectibles, but eh, I didn’t do that.

I can’t get over how much better the guns feel in this compared to BF1. They feel much more powerful, while not being super accurate. Also, the movement feels much more fluid. Its a shame that there is so little content right now compared to previous BF games. I want my M1 Garand, dammit!

Was able to snag a copy for $40 off a friend who just got a GTX 2080. So yay! See you on the battlefield gents.

I’m still enjoying my daily battles of this, but IMHO doodlebugs (V1s) and tiger tanks are way too common. These should be super rare things that scare the fuck out of players, not something that seems to show up in 50% of battles.
I’ve only played MP so far, but getting my moneysworth, although I have zero clue how the fuck the meta game works, and it is tbh a bit grindy. I do like the cosmetic options, and would prefer many, many more.

All of this means that the one big new release of the week, Battlefield V, had to settle for No.4. It’s not a great start for EA’s shooter, with launch sales down more than 63 per cent compared with 2016’s Battlefield 1. Even with the expected rise in digital sales, it seems like the shooter is another AAA title to struggle in the current marketplace. However, it did perform better in its first week than titles such as Assassin’s Creed Odyssey and Fallout 76.

Sad to hear, as it really is pretty damn good. The beta for me was horrible in terms of feel of game play, here the full game just feels fantastic.

Also the way squads can now revive and how ammo and health are handled all seemed to have worked out great.

It’s nice to unlock weapons again by leveling up a class, last night I played for a good 3 hours, just ranked up my overall profile to 13 if I recall correctly. :)

There are so many multiplayer games out there though, and so many other games of all types, that it seems harder and harder for any one title to dominate like it might have in years past.

Dice still sets the bar in terms of map destructibility and now even fortifications of areas.

I felt the building fortifications stuff was dumb in the beta, but damn if I don’t always find myself doing it now. Especially tank Czech hedgehogs.

Yeah, I like the forts and blowing them up as well.

How are EAs subs counted in the sales data? I know I went with premium just to get this (and Madden) along with the other titles.

That’s an interesting question. I did the same thing.
It would be good to see Premium subscription data side by side with the data of their major releases because undoubtedly titles such as this drive people to the Origin premium subs.

It’s $39.99 at Best Buy right now for the standard edition on all platforms. I just got my 20% Gamer Club discount on it for 20% off that price.

A screenshot of the new map’s deployment screen was shared on reddit lately. Looks like heaven for tank/sniper players. As a mainly Assault player, I don’t know what to make of it.

Looks nice!