Battlefield V - WW2, cosmetic loot, DICE

Up until now, I’ve been mostly playing Assault class, and usually I end up somewhere in the middle of the scoreboard. To mix things up, I decided to play as Medic during my last match of Breakthrough. By mostly reviving and throwing medic pouches, I ended up with the highest score in my team and second-highest in the whole match. And keep in mind, this was the FIRST time I’ve ever played medic in Battlefield V. It makes me wonder why there aren’t more people playing medics. I know the SMGs suck, but a couple good medics can make a huge difference by supporting their team.

I seem to always go support, I like that I can build defenses faster, also the AT Grenade Pistol is so much fun to use.

I could be screwing myself but I’m using a scope with my assault class assault rifles. I ca’t really do much one shotting like a real sniper but I can take out dudes from quite a ways away with a burst or two. And I also have the spray n pray tactic when things get up close and personal.

I want to try medic but I’m trying to level one class a bit before I switch over so I spend like 80-90% time with assault.

Any tips for a M/KB gamer who sucks ass at FPS with a gamepad? BFV came with a console purchase but I am so not good at shutters on console, I get frustrated because I’ve been conditioned with the precision of a mouse for decades in this sort of game. I want to play, but a competitive shooter sounds like it’s going to be very very bad for me, haha.

Just to clarify, I’m fine with gamepads in games like Dark Souls or Assassin’s Creed, it’s the FPS precision parts I struggle with.

Trade it in and pick up a PC copy? :)

Tempting, but one reason I stopped playing in the competitive shooter scene on PC are the hacks. I won’t have a comfortable desk space for heavy mouse action for another month or two as well (right now my PC is crammed into my SO’s undersized desk while I’m having my basement finished). Meanwhile, I’ve got BF5 here hooked up to a new TV, so I feel like I might as well play it, I just don’t know how to start sucking a little less with a gamepad. I realize it’s repetition and practice, but just wondering if anyone else had made the M/KB to gamepad transition in shooters and could offer any advice.

I’m sort of in the mood for mindless violence this Christmas since i won’t be going anywhere. How is the single player of BFV vs, say, Battlefront 2 (that Star Wars game last year) or something similar? I haven’t bought an actual shooter in years.

This video makes me want to try out BFV just because.

The single player is 3 mini stories, I am guessing each is 1-1.5 hours max, with a 4th story coming before Christmas. So maybe 5-6 hours of content.

The campaign is fine for what it is, but it’s VERY short and there’s no reason to replay any of it. If you’re primarily interested in a single player experience, this is not it.

@lordkosc That review has my favorite bugaboo:

Battlefield 5 is visually stunning…

Well , it really is VISUALLY STUNNING. ;)

I’ve died a few times just checking out the cool scenery on the maps.

Yeah it really is. I replaced my Sony that died with a 4k HDR display and I was a gobsmacked by the visuals.

Sounds like a great game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZFsTJj4X54

Bad Company 3 please?

The game is pretty great - for what’s there. The problem is that a lot of the game just isn’t there now.

It seems to me that the game should have been delayed until Q1 2019, but daddy EA wanted the big bucks from the Holiday season so they said No.

Agreed. They messed up hard on their timing.

I picked this up from the bargain bin at Target last week for $30. For $30 I’m happy with this game, I had a lot of fun with it over the weekend.

My first Battlefield game was 4 and I hated it. It felt unfair and buggy. This one is a lot more accessible, like I can roll a medic or a support and immediately feel like I’m helping without having to get kills. That’s a gateway to learning the more complex systems.

Unfortunately I feel like I need to 2 weeks of research to learn how this game works, because it doesn’t tell you shit. Where’s the tutorial? How can I try out guns and vehicles in peace?

The “firing range” test area apparently comes today or tomorrow.

Lol what? Why would they hold that back?

Because half the stuff they should have already is coming later. This is the issue @TurinTur and I were talking about.

That’s insane that it’s that low. It just came out.