Battlefield V - WW2, cosmetic loot, DICE

System requirements for PC are out. It’s almost the same as BF1.

Processor (AMD): AMD FX-6350
Processor (Intel): Core i5 6600K
Memory: 8GB RAM
Graphics card (AMD): AMD Radeon™ HD 7850 2GB
Graphics card (NVIDIA): nVidia GeForce® GTX 660 2GB
DirectX: 11.0 Compatible video card or equivalent
Online Connection Requirements: 512 KBPS or faster Internet connection
Hard-drive space: 50GB

😱

BATTLEFIELD V

Welcome To The Battlefield V Closed Alpha

Congratulations! You’ve been selected to participate in the Battlefield™ V Closed Alpha!

We invite you to preload the game before the Closed Alpha becomes available. The Closed Alpha will be live tomorrow, June 28th, 2018 at 0800 UTC / 0100 PST.

Well damnit. If you get an invite, remember your ol’ friend Turin.

I think is a alpha for famous and sexy people only. I think I will wait until the game is more complete to even know more. I am sure will be a fun game once is available to the general public.

I am watching a stream and it looks… strangelly ugly? Perhaps BF1 was suck a geius that it will be hard to even reach his level.

Why they removed the charge attack?

I remember in bf1 alphas they did not have hi-res textures just medium.

Oh, that make a lot of sense. It looks like a overly compressed JPG.

Jesus, watching this guy on Twitch makes me feel so old.

I like seeing defenses being constructed.

The guy I was watching was spawning, killing one or two guys, dyiing, spawning again. He said something like “this is the bf experience”. Ouch. I guess thats how infantry people play the game? a infinite loop of spawning and dyiing? Is not how I play the game. I play the game in the map. Thinking. How my team is playing? What flag need to be secured to give us the victory? What role my team need?, withouth that level of strategy, I guess the game can be reduced to spawning and dyiing. But then it would not be better than call of duty. Maybe call of duty would be even a better game. BF is chess, people is playing checkers with i!. This is my crappy comment of today.

Edit:
operation mode look a bit better, more meaty

I’ve been watching this guy quick scope like a god.

Overall this seems solid so far, and I think it will get a better reception than BF1, as it has more of a focus on modern-ish automatic weapons, and less of the single shot rifles and suuuper crappy early automatic weapons we saw in BF1.

• Animations are quite janky right now which I assume is alpha stuff

• Much more dramatic over the shoulder squad spawning and jumping in from airplanes (in the objective mode)

• New animations for picking up ammo and health rather than just magically absorbing it

• The BIGGEST change I notice, by far, is the revive mechanic. Now you flop around like an injured fish after going down and there’s a forced timer. You can click during the timer to “call for help” and your soldier screams and calls out, raising a bloody hand. It’s … kinda horrifying tbh? It forcibly keeps people from bailing out on possible revives, and definitely emphasizes the importance of the medic class but … it also feels a little heavy handed. Not sure about this.

• There’s a new revive animation sequence, you don’t just inject people and they pop up instantly, you have to grab them by the hand and pull them up.

• Tanks have limited ammo and limited repair. You can’t roll around like a god without getting back to a formal repair station to reload and get fixed all the way back up.

• Similarly you will only magi-heal up to 70, you need a real medic pouch from a medic somewhere to get back to 100.

• Also apparently any squad mate can revive you, as a kind of squad perk? I didn’t know that!

Visually it’s surprisingly good, better than I expected for an alpha with the general “good but not great” texture set. You can see where they added more and better effects over BF1, even in the alpha. Dynamic footsteps in the snow, better ambient building damage effects and the drifting snow in the air looks outtasight. The soundwork is amazing of course, another DICE signature.

Speaking of DICE signatures, it also seems simplified which DICE desperately needs to get religion on? Probably won’t be, of course. This is DICE. They never met a class modifier, gadget, weapon add-on, or freakish multiplayer game mode they didn’t like enough to throw it into their game.

I need to try some of the engineer building but I wasn’t sure how to do it. The classes seemed pretty similar to what we had in BF1 overall.

Open BETA in early September , no date though.

https://www.dsogaming.com/news/battlefield-v-open-beta-begins-in-early-september/

Hmmm pre-order sales are weak it seems…

I don’t envy any game releasing anywhere near RDR2.

They should delay the game to February 2019 so it’s not in the crowded time of year.

Yes, this seems the logical choice. ;)

GameStop just needs to hassle more of those developers’ daughters to get them to preorder.

They should delay the game till fall 2019 and release it the week before Titanfall 3.

Pew pew.

The sound design alone of a BF game is enough to make buying the next intallent a worthy use of my money.

Is me or this version of BF is tryiing to give us a low tech WW2?, slowing down WW2 combat, and giving the spotlight to weapons that feel and look weirdly mechanical from our pov.