Battlefleet Gothic: Armada

Sweet, that was a Demiurg Ship at the end.

Sequel announced: Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2. PC release this year.

It will include, at launch, all 12 factions from the original tabletop game and its expansion Armada it is based on: the Imperial Navy, Space Marines, Adeptus Mechanicus, Necrons, Chaos, Aeldari Corsairs, Aeldari Craftworld, Drukhari, the T’au Merchant and Protector Fleets, Orks, and finally, the Tyranids.

The latest dramatic story development in the Warhammer 40,000 universe, the Gathering Storm and the 13th Black Crusade, will serve as the canvas for several, extensive and dynamic campaigns.

Assuming this includes the improvements they made to skirmish post-release, I’m in! I do wish there was a little more to go off of than “2018”. Announce it when I might be able to buy it in a couple months, rather than wait so long it falls off my radar.

I am totally in. It was wonky at first, but it got a lot of love and turned out nice.

I rather liked the first one, though I burned out on playing too much of the random encounters to actually finish the campaign.

I hope this new version manages to balance the different mission types a bit better, some were clearly unbalanced to the attacker or defender, IMO.

They need a replay system like Total War has.

Armada 2 , delayed till January 2019.

Oh Trayzn you absolute lad you. Gotta catch em all eh

Hmm. Better, I should say. The original Armada was okay, but felt like it definitely needed more time in the oven. I enjoyed the skirmish mode the most, where you just level up an admiral; never did get far in the campaign.

As a Tau player, I look forward to what they’ll do with the “dynamic” campaigns for all of the factions.

They’re adding a coop campaign mode:

Fan-forking-tastic.

That elevates this to must-by for me.

Yeah, I already pre-ordered it. And I rarely pre-order anything.

I keep saying I’m going to buy this thing but then I hold back, curious to see how low the price will go. Right now it’s $7.49 on Steam, and I’m wondering if I should just keep waiting.

For the original? Wait for some bundle that includes it and all its DLC for like, $5.

BG:A2 is out in 12 days.

If you pre-order (there is 25% discount for BG:A owner), you can access the 2nd Beta starting next Tuesday (1/15).

I got to play the beta. So much better than the first clunky thing.

First clunky thing was still pretty awesome. Really looking forward to the second.