Battlefleet Gothic: Armada

I didn’t like the cap missions. Sending off ships to park for a few mins in an empty piece of space is stupid. No resemblance at all to 40k space combat.

You can set the campaign to use cruiser-clash missions for the unscripted battles.

Oh, phew! We can get back to how space combat should be, flying across millions of miles of space, getting as close as possible, boarding and hitting them with a sword.

Don’t forget ramming. So far, I’ve found ramming to be a very powerful tactic.

My BGA1 cheesy win tactic was 1 Dauntless, as many Sword frigates as possible, have all set to forward facing lances only and swarm the enemy. I hope this has been fixed now as I walked the campaign using it.

That’s a funny way of saying ‘devouring their crew to feed the hive’.

Forgive me if its been answered already but does anyone know if the game comes with a single player scenario generator or single player skirmish mode of some kind?

A scripted linear “do this do that” campaign is ok but not something I am paying full price for.

I like the way some tyranid ships evolved do this. Tentacles to grab the prey, a mouth to bite a hole and vomit thousands of organisms inside.

Yup. Deffo a skirmish. I was looking through the factions using it in beta

Cheers! Buying. :)

Gotta see if I am any better at BGA1 using this set up. :)

Party Elite released a 10 tips video on YouTube that has some very good information about UI and elements fairly obscure in the game.

Might you link it please?!

Thank you! That was a great video, the tutorial didn’t do a great job explaining stances. Thanks again!

Single-player, though? When I looked, it seemed like the skirmish was only online against other players. I think this was the case when the first game was released as well.

-Tom

Dammit.

Oh well, will find out tonight I guess!

It took me a while to figure out, but you start a skirmish game without another player joining and the next screen gives you the AI options.

Cheers!

Sorry @BrianRubin, I wasn’t able to link at the time. But that video is the one. Great starter guide.

There is definitely skirmish against the AI. I played it in beta and last night.

Click “Battle” then 1v1. “Ranked 1v1” is against people online. The standard one will bump you to an AI options (just race really) then you launch.