Battlefront II - EA and DICE versus the Dark Side

Welp, it’s got spaceships, guess I have to play it.

Yoda the space fighter, lol.

Seeing it from the outside doesn’t make it any less goofy.

Actual space battle gameplay:

Thats fing awesome.

As weak as the first Battlefront was, DICE looks like they have responded to just about every criticism of that game. Between the space fights, single player campaign and ditching the season pass this is climbing to just about the top of my play list for this fall’s titles.

Yeah ditching the season pass alone is huge, because that shit is still crippling the BF1 community… though there is this BF1 Legendary thing now.

I suppose they are ditching the season pass because they have calculated they will obtain more money with loot boxes!

I love the pitch to disgruntled players of the first game:

I skipped the first one (third one?) but I may need to give this one a try. Some of the locations look so much better than in the previous one.

I was quite disappointed in the first one, and I’m still not sure about this one but hard to resist a nice looking Star Wars game.

Still trying to wrap my head around EA letting go of the season pass.

The reception to Battlefield 1 compared to the massive amount of money games like Overwatch is raking in without map packs or a season pass, has been a real wake up for EA/Dice I think.

I sincerely hope this is the new way forward.

I expect the same reaction this time. “Oooh, Star Wars!!..eh, too shallow.” Not that I was in the too shallow camp; I actually really liked the first one as a Star Wars toy box come to life with plenty to think about strategically.

Can’t wait for this, its the only game I pre-ordered this fall. :D

Where does Overwatch make its money? Just on initial game sale? Compared to PUBG? I dunno exactly where money comes from these days in video games.

Both the initial sale and on loot crate purchases. While split numbers aren’t divulged by Act/Blizz, we do know that at the end of 2016, the company said Overwatch (in total) had generated $585 million in revenue.

They did specify that they made $3.6 billion in just in-game content like Overwatch loot crates, Call of Duty Black Market crates, and other in-game sales in 2016.

Me too, and I am really not good at FPS games. At all. But I must do this.

EA - 1, Me - 0.