Battlefront II - EA and DICE versus the Dark Side

I’ve seen it piled in the bargain bin at Best Buy for $20. I bet if you hit a Toys R Us you can find it for $10, right next to Battleborn.

No argument from me there. Just pointing out that it’s not inflation per se that should be driving up game prices. It’s not like the unit cost of inputs is materially increasing. On the contrary, it’s far cheaper to make a 2008-quality game than it was in 2008. They’re just spending more money. Teams are 10 times the size they were a decade ago.

A physical copy?! I’m not a caveman! I want to download it on Steam or, I guess (ptui!) Origin.

Cost of distribution is lower, but production is much higher. Not sure why that’s really a meaningful distinction though.

Speaking of physical copies, I bought the first one (battlefront) on disc when it came out. Recently tried to play and it says it’s dirty/scratched. It won’t let me download it so… I guess I’m screwed? Definitely a disadvantage to physical media.

The update showed up yesterday. It seemed to be fine. They also added the Bespin map (from the last game’s DLC) to this game. Nice!

$24 on Origin now.

She’s gettin’ there! Soon!

Oh look a roadmap…

I’ll bite for $9 (xb1 - deals with gold).

4k Star Wars for sub-$10 I can deal with…

Edit : holy crap! 65GB Download…

Now $13 for PC version on Origin.

It’s so pretty on PS4 Pro… for that price I kinda want to get it on PC too.

Hmm… that is below my cutoff, but it’s been 5 months, and I’d like to see it in a Humble Bundle that I can buy for $1.01 and donate all of it towards charity rather than EA.

Have they ever done an EA Origin keys bundle though? I don’t think so?

Yes definitely. But I believe it was an origin-specific bundle.

I got a bunch of Command and Conquer games I believe.

One of the last things I worked on at EA:

Roadmap update:

They should import all the Battlefront I maps. Then I’ll grab as long as I can play with 63 rookie AI bots.

Umm yay?

1 year later…