Battlegrounds - Another Battle Royale game

Yeah, I’m pretty psyched. I want to see what first person is like. However, I gotta record some game footage so I doubt I’ll play much. Maybe a game or two.

Yeah, hopefully they’ll fix it soon. 9 minutes ago:

Crossing fingers.

Also yeah, I’m cst and I tend to be around most nights so feel free to add me on steam.

Edit - Just noticed that my profile on here wasn’t up to date and added my steam, discord and bnet profile names.

The forum was replete with complaints of poor performance and bugs on the test servers, they probably should have held off pushing this one live.

I was hoping to get some interesting gear in the new crates that came in the patch. I got a striped shirt…twice. Bah!

I only managed to play part of a game before work after it patched up, but it was a rubber band festival for quite a while.

I am excited to play first person servers once they fix the crazy lag though. Even as a temporary solution, it’s very fun and more exciting than third person.

Lag seems a little better right now. And I can confirm first person only is pretty intense.

They pushed another hotfix this morning and that has resolved the crazy rubber banding from what I read. Can’t wait to give it a go later.

Yep, much better tonight. Been all over the NA FPS servers even though I am on the other side of the world. latency ain’t doing me any favours, but it is a very different experience in this format. Even more tense!

Played a couple of duo matches in fpp. No noticable lag.

hows the game mode?

Much better than in the earlier custom games, but your character is still way too low.

The gameplay is even more tense, but I’m not sure how I feel about it. On one hand, it’s more difficult for others to spot you, but on the other hand it’s also more difficult to spot others, and I think I’ve been shot dead in the back all my games so far.

That’s what I was afraid of. It completely changes the dynamic

I don’t think it makes the dynamic better or worse, just different. Some people (myself probably included) are going to prefer third-person. Some people will prefer first-person. But now the first-person preferrers aren’t fucked over by a third-person preferrer freelooking around.

I may not want to use it, but I’m glad it’s there. Different experience for different preference.

I don’t think so either, I’m just not interested in it as much

It’s definitely worth trying.

I prefer it by quite a bit. I’ll still play the regular mode, but first person is just more fun for me. When you tag someone and they have to heal, you can push or reposition and they can’t just magically watch you the entire time unless their face is sticking out.

Being prone is effective in some types of cover, but it also hinders vision.

There’s always a chance of being sniped in the back by someone you never saw in either mode, but the fights aren’t just camping a tree or rock with perfect vision waiting for another person to move. Way more fun and dynamic imo.

Has anyone tried zombie mode yet? Sjin (Yogscast) published a couple of sessions recently. Looks fun. Four armed players against 86 unarmed. Zombies can’t drive vehicles or use items (even clothing). Survivors can do anything short of driving over zombies. Pretty riveting stuff, especially towards the end.

that sounds awesome

So I bought a key for a gamescon crate to receive… drum roll, please… velcro trainers. Serves me right I guess!