Battlegrounds - Another Battle Royale game

The purple skirt comes out of the Wanderer crate.

The top item, the PLAYERUNKNOWN SET, was a crate that was free to deluxe edition pre-orders or alpha testers. It has a bandana, trench coat, shirt, pants and boots in it.

Me and you both!

I’m just saving any special crates, like the GamesCom one, to see if it increases in value down the line.

I sold a few crates at between $3 and $5 when they were the new hotness and then yesterday my $2 buy order on a Gamescom crate triggered for $1.58, (I presume someone didn’t check pricing before listing). Today they’re at ~$2.50, which is the same price as the key.

Tomorrow the first glut of clothing items from inside the Gamescom crates become marketable, so it’ll be interesting to see what happens to crate prices when you can just buy the piece of clothing you want, (hopefully for ridiculous prices, as I have some lined up to sell).

Then when the Gamescom crates go offline I’d expect the price for the crates and the items will probably go up again. The Devs have confirmed the keys will still be purchasable after the crates are gone, so people will still be able to open the ones they buy off the market. But eventually supply of those crates will vanish.

Nope, you nailed it.

Being able to magically see around cover without exposing yourself is a big issue with the game. First person takes that away. If you want to spot someone, you have to poke your head out which gives them a chance to see you instead of you watching them run across a field while being around a corner.

I tried to buy a key for my gamescom crate I bought… and it didn’t work.

Maybe I will just wait and see how much they are selling for.

Is it me, or is first person duo just savage? My brother and I have been playing for the last two three nights and just getting destroyed. We’re both decent at this game and have been playing FPS games online (usually as a team) for most of the last two decades. Suddenly, neither of us can get a kill. We were sort of clawing our way out of this slump at least a little bit tonight. But damn, it feels like the competition suddenly got a lot more fierce.

Could be. I haven’t played in forever and most of the streamers I watch that played are taking a break. Which is kind of annoying since the reason they said they quit was 3rd person BS and now that it’s gone they’re just doing other stuff.

I really want this game to add in a zombies mode.

The current mode doesn’t count, because only streamers get to play this mode. A game with 100 people AND AI zombies walking around, attracted to sound, would be an awesome thing. (That was the best part of DayZ)

And it would liven up the midgame quite a bit.

Think it’s just random luck - my feeling is that they’re playing with the matching algorithm a bit (plus, they reset the stats) - which can mean some pretty random matching on top of an already pretty random setting.

From my standpoint, i’ve found most of the duos remarkably easy lately, with many of the matches having less than half players left before the first collapse has finished.

Fpp modes have no stat tracking or ranks yet. Plus many people are too used to third person and make for easy kills in first person.

Still haven’t played FP mode, but I was in the top 50,000 in solo!!!

That probably sucks.

I definitely prefer FP mode. It feels more tactical. It’s like that staircase scene in Saving Private Ryan. Neither soldier can see each other by “swinging a camera around”. You’re down to guts and instinct.

Well, stuff like this doesn’t really help my case. In my defense, the shadow was asking for it.

The current zombie mode isn’t like this, since the other players are the zombies. And I don’t see anything like what you want coming until someone makes a mod like that.

Oh, I know. Just wishful thinking. The current zombies mode doesn’t even count really.

They have expanded the fpp servers to include squads earlier. I’d be down for some qt3 squads on discord this weekend if I’m around.

is there a group of pubg players on usually? I should get on the discord I guess

I do see a few people playing it here and there. I assume we can just make a channel and play if there’s interest. I’m typically on discord if I’m playing anyway, so it’s not a problem for me

Probably picking this up today

I will be playing tonight