Battlegrounds - Another Battle Royale game

I turned up saturation in the nvidia settings on my PC which helped with the washed out look, but you can also use reshade.

I’ve had no focus issues though.

Thanks, I’ll try that.

Does reshade pose any problems with Battleground’s anti-cheat detection?

Huh wow I had no idea you could do that

These are my nvidia settings btw (Display->Adjust desktop color settings):

The advantage with reshade is that you can adjust it per game, as of now it’s a bit too much color in everything else.

The game could really use a sharpening setting and an actual artist to iron out the contrast issues. I presume since a shitload of the original models were basically off the shelf from the UE4 market that they didn’t really have an art/graphics person, but when you add just a tiny little fiddling with reshade it’s painful just how awful the default look is.

With a touch more saturation, contrast and sharpening it looks like a completely different game.

Is there any evidence of these “off the shelf” remarks, or is it just guesses?

People have posted tons of pictures of weapon and building packs on reddit that appear to be identical. Not that it’s necessarily a bad thing. If you don’t start with some huge budget and you want to get things up and running as quickly and cheaply as possible, that’s kind of why such things exist.

Yeah, it doesn’t detract it for me, but I find it interesting. Could also explain how they got a playable version out fairly soon after starting developing.

And obviously they had no way to anticipate that it would be so insanely successful, otherwise they they might have done some things a little differently. Like the scale of the characters compared to many of the buildings and vehicles is actually terrible.

Edit - Look at this chair for example. Holy shit. https://i.redd.it/fh4alvc325gz.jpg

But being it is a huge success and they already had long term plans for years of support, hopefully all those little oddities will be addressed at some point. It’s already unique and enjoyable. If they can finish adding whatever additional systems they want and polish the hell out of it they will end up with one helluva game.

Even as is I play it almost every day.

Well I’m still terrible at this game, but in my last two runs I actually killed people, so I’m getting better. I can’t imagine playing this in anything other than FPP, so tense!

Can we kill Rothfuss later?

Yeah, we’re doing some custom games tonight at 8pm PDT again. www.twitch.tv/drjonez :)

Yeah I only play in FPP, great experience.

Anyone up for some duos or teams today? I’m without a family for once.

I know I’ll be on later tonight for sure, but I might be able to squeeze some in maybe two hours from now? I’ll try to remember to hop on the Discord channel even though it’s depressingly empty most of the time except for me or McMaster or a new others heh.

Passed 7 million copies sold a few day ago. Ain’t no stopping this train.

The train might be stopped for PlayStation.

Back in June at E3, we announced that PUBG will be launching exclusively on Xbox One in the Xbox Game Preview program in late 2017. Ever since then we have come to realize that we have a shared vision for the direction of the game with the Xbox team. This led to our decision on extending our partnership with Microsoft and I’m happy to announce it now includes Microsoft as the publisher for our PUBG on Xbox One.

By partnering with Microsoft, our team believes that we will be able to accelerate console development, while maintaining quality across all platforms, as well as giving us access to vast sales, marketing and publishing resources that will help us reach new fans to welcome to the PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds universe.

They used the same exact language for Rise of the Tomb Raider which they also acted as “publisher” for on Xbox One. Every time they say it’s exclusive it’s couched in a “this year” qualifier and are evasive every time someone presses them on its exclusivity status. Which is to say it is probably a timed exclusive they just want to make people think it isn’t.