Battlegrounds - Another Battle Royale game

Well done!

Congratulations!

Noice, nothing like that chicken dinner.

Thanks, I’m just happy to know I have the skills / good luck to actually win. I wasn’t sure…

You spelled skillz wrong. ;)

Yeah, guess I’ve been out of the scene for too long. No longer a l33t HaX0r

Being very close to a chicken dinner reminds me of being very close to my first iRacing win.

You guys are going to make me neurotic!

Man, watching people play this game is so much fun. I wish I could play it but just don’t have any sort of gaming PC right now. Hopefully the Xbox version is decent when it comes out.

Which is, oddly enough, the major reason why I sent this game back. To me, it’s basically the gaming version of a selfie-with-duck-lips generator, and, as a grumpy middle-aged man, that kind of culture repels me like The Kardasian Show. That, and the floaty movement and the inability to clamber over stuff.

And it passed dota 2 in concurrent players this morning at around 877k… Actually crazy.

I wonder if I’m at a major disadvantage because I don’t like to use headphones. Are they pretty critical for locating shots? I have absolutely no idea where I’m being shot from sometimes.

Yeah, headphones are critical for shot direction, but also for working out where quiet sounds are coming from, like crawling.

I can’t imagine trying to reliably place sounds with speakers. One of the most important things in the game honestly. Footsteps/players moving, vehicles driving, shot directions. All of that is vital information on such a large map where people can be almost anywhere.

Help me understand something simple. I was running in the blue of maybe the 3rd or 4th circle and all of a sudden I started losing a lot more health each chunk. The circle had just reached the next countdown but it hadn’t started moving yet. Does the damage change immediately at that point? I also had an energy drink going at one point, but I don’t think that expiring would’ve made that much of a difference.

Use at least a 5.1 sound system.

That’s my understanding, yes.

The game does not support surround sound, only stereo.

I thought they added a mantling system? (also it’s weird to not like something because it’s popular isn’t it?)

It’s weird but not unusual.

The mantling/vaulting stuff is coming, but isn’t in game yet.