Battlegrounds - Another Battle Royale game

Fixed that for you.

pubg got a update to most of the weapons, new weapon added, new car, lots of map changes, and map selection. The changes are on the test server. SMG’s are much stronger and more useable, and shotguns are way more consistent. the 6x is a good scope. I think it’s a great update.

Yeah, I haven’t really been able to test it much since there are no European test servers (for some reason) and the NA/AS servers are super laggy for me. But I can’t really see anything here that doesn’t make any sense.

Mirarmar is a lot better now with the new buildings. But at the end of a session I still get a vague sense that I wasted my time.

I’ll wait for the new map, Savage, to come back.

How many chicken dinners could 5.1 million dollars buy?

Local authorities working on the case, translated via Bluehole, said: "15 major suspects including ‘OMG’, ‘FL’, ‘火狐’, ‘须弥’ and ‘炎黄’ were arrested for developing hack programs, hosting marketplaces for hack programs, and brokering transactions. Currently the suspects have been fined approximately 30m RNB ($5.1m USD). Other suspects related to this case are still being investigated.

"Some hack programs that are being distributed through the internet include a Huigezi Trojan horse (Chinese backdoor) virus. It was proven that hack developers used this virus to control users’ PC, scan their data, and extract information illegally.”

the games only good to play with friends or squads. otherwise its just random bullshit.

The patch is out today, all 10+ GB of it. I guess this, together with the War event, will be my weekend fodder.

That’s the new map, map selection, and gun balance, right?

Its hard to track changes to this game because coverage starts when patches hit the test server instead of live.

Correct. Here are the full patch notes:

And here’s the War event announcement:

New map is not finished yet, but finally map selection and the awful UI actually remembers your previous selection so you don’t have to constantly click the same boxes every single game.

With news of the Fortnite lawsuit, I wondered how this game was doing in terms of players. Seems it peaked in January of this year.

http://steamcharts.com/app/578080

PUBG costs $30. Fortnite BR is free.

PUBG needs to get with the times and go free-to-play. As for monetization they can just mine Bitcoin in the background on player’s machines; this will let them give away cosmetics and shit free too, making them the most free free game to ever go free.

These guys should be crapping their pants right about now.

Pretty sure they’re too busy rolling around their mountains of money.

Not for long, given the trajectory of the numbers.

The game they made wasn’t free. Not sure how multiple millions of copies times 30 is “shitty money” but you must be bored and trying to troll.

I have a theory that open world survival early access and crafting games have something like a group of people jumping from one game to the next. Always dissapointed with the current game, always hoping the next one is The One.

Battle royales are kind of like this, but withouth crafting. Maybe is even the same group of people?

PUBG made tons of money on box sales, but that gravy train is coming to an end. Their playerbase is rapidly abandoning the game and its growth has been arrested by a competitor with two major advantages; it’s free and it runs on much lower-spec machines. They need to do something to staunch the bleeding.

Updated for May, they lost another 230k players. Wasn’t the desert map they released recently buggy and optimized?