Battlegrounds - Another Battle Royale game

I just had a weird encounter late game (12-15 left) where I was running from the blue into the circle, where I saw a guy next to a house (red circle below). I started shooting with my silenced AR, but while I hit him once or twice, most missed. He went into cover behind a boulder next to the house. I continued running into the circle and hit prone with a sliver of health left. Then, getting my bearings, someone from inside the house (red X) started shooting at me, but missing all shots. I fired back with soft aim (still prone) and after I probably spent half a clip or more actually managed to kill him. I healed up and started to run towards cover up left. Then, as I was running, the first guy popped back up and shot me in the head.

I honestly thought the guy in the house was the same guy as I shot at first. But since it wasn’t, why didn’t the first guy just pop into the house and shoot the guy shooting at me (while he was occupied) ? It seems strange, especially since the guy in the house must have heard the other guy right outside as he was moving towards it. Anyway, it just continues my tradition of immediately getting killed after killing someone.

Another example (also see the end of the end game circle video above):

Me getting mad at this game is like an amateur getting mad at someone playing poker “the wrong way”

My friend and I as a duo were the final 4, and we were in the only house. We heard someone moving outside the house, figured he was getting into a better position, behind a hill or something, as the sound came from where the blue circle was. If he stayed there, he would die when the circle came in. We waited until 10 seconds left to move, expecting a group of two hidden somewhere.

As we exited, we turned to check behind us, and we were both gunned down by an automatic rifle. Guy was waiting at the blue line.

2 seconds after we die, the guy who murdered us dies in the blue that he couldn’t outrun, because he was basically in it. The other solo guys wins without firing a shot.

WHY!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!!? I guess he just wanted the kills, because he doomed himself by staying there, I assumed he would have moved somewhere else, as he would be dooming himself to the blue if he stayed there.

Like a poker-bro yelling at the table, “YOU AREN’T PLAYING RIGHT!”

Still no chicken dinner, 3 times I have been number 2 or 3 alive. All have been bad luck.

I don’t play enough, but I’ve only gotten 1 top 10. It’s super fun, though. I’m just in the “nervous” phase where I do OK, but spaz out when I get into combat.

I need one of those heart rate monitors hooked up while I play. I swear I was at like 160 BPM the last time I was in top 5. I get so shaky, I am not good under pressure.

Me too. I should probably try using my fitness watch next time and see what my BPM is during end game. Or early game for that matter, if there’s someone else nearby. Or if I’m in a house and hear a car stop nearby. Or if someone starts shooting at me and I don’t know from where. Or. Well, I should probably just use it.

Player numbers for this game are very impressive. Currently 4x the peak active player base of DayZ, back when it the new kid on the block in 2013.

http://steamcharts.com/app/578080

Overall peak current players will soon pass No Mans Sky’s peak last year on the top 10 list.

http://steamcharts.com/

And Steamspy showing 3+ million owners now.

Choked again.

Man, these solo runs are brutal. You have to have some luck in order to get to this position, and then you have to avoid being too nervous so, for example, you don’t forget about the electricity field while you’re in a firefight with the last guy.

Speaking of luck, PC Gamer had a good article on how this game resembles tournament poker:

Which would explain why I like this game so much, since I love playing tournament poker.

Exactly what happened to me last night, down to one other guy and I die in the blue…

I just uninstalled after most of my games tonight ended with me not finding a gun and getting killed immediately. Fuck this game.

This is something, to a certain extent, you can control. If you are sick of games where you die early due to poor RNG luck, work on dropping as far away from the flight path as possible and/or jump in the first vehicle you see and get the fuck out of dodge to more secluded areas. It is not that hard to avoid a fight in the early game if that is your goal.

If however, you are dropping in highly congested areas, RNG gonna RNG. I too have noticed lately that sometimes you can’t find a decent gun for love nor money.

Yeah, I usually wait about 10 or 15 seconds after your able to jump, then aim for smaller knots of buildings. I almost always make it past 50, and have had great luck being inside the first couple of circles…

My entire goal in that game is to avoid an early fight, and I’m usually pretty good at it. Last night, every game I played I was destined to get fucked over. It didn’t matter where I dropped, I was a dead man holding a pistol or 2-shot shotgun. I kept looking for vehicles and couldn’t find shit. Even the places that I’ve had luck with. I would drop, go far as hell as I could away and then someone would have miraculously ghosted every move I made.

I don’t mind losing a game, but it does get old when you can’t crack the top 60 when you usually finish in the top 30. It was a pretty bad night.

If I had to guess, I had a bad run of luck and started to tilt some. Then the luck didn’t turn up and I got angry.

I don’t really get too frustrated with the game. I always feel like there was so much luck involved, if I lose, so be it. Another game is seconds away. But, I play with a team only. I think that helps a lot.

Protip, drop immediately. So few people drop then, and you have more time on the ground.

Also, if you’re forced to run away, don’t just run “far away”. Make sure you scout where everybody else is landing around you initially, and if you have to run, run in the direction you didn’t see any players (hopefully towards where there are buildings).

And even with the luck factor, if I’m honest, I almost always find things I could’ve done better, which is one of the reasons I find the game so addictive. As for frustrations, I don’t really get salty over bad beginnings since it’s so easy to start over. It’s like throwing away your 2-7 pre-flop. Some times you get dealt bad hands, and there’s nothing you can do about it. It’s worse when you find a crate with an M24, a 15x scope, silencer and a ghillie suit, just to get killed before you were even able to use it. Or like having your pair of aces cracked by someone calling your pre-flop all-in with QT.

So this just happened:

I was really in a good spot, just killed a guy trying to get into my house, had an 8x scope, full on meds, 3 level vests, and generally felt good. So when we got a new circle, I marked off a point far off the flight path on the map, entered the dead guy’s Dacia, and took off. While driving, suddenly a buggy came racing into my path and I wondered, “Hmmm what happens if we crash?” Well, this is what happened. Both cars flew up in the air, exploded and caused insta-death.

Next time I’ll not play chicken, and I’ll just try to get to my marker instead.

I jumped out of one that was just barely moving, and died. Lesson learned.

Just had a round where I came third, despite dying about a thousandth of a second before the end of the round.

There were three of us left and me and #2 bump into each other right after I killed #4 - I shoot at him and hit him… he shoots at me and kills me… and #3 shoots at him and headshots him.

Pretty sure the round ended between me being shot and me hitting the floor.

Here’s some useful maps I’ve found:

http://www.planepath.net/

The last one is super useful if, you are like me, and tend to forget the flight path.

Myself, Matt Chandronait, Anthony Gallegos, and our murder robot Henry (he comes in during the second half) playing some PUBG :)

Car Physics are perfect. Do not change them.