Battlestar Galactica 15: Who Needs Morals?

Darkness settled upon the twelve colonies. Then bursts of light. Some civilians managed to escape the devastation and join with a Battlestar that was nearly turned into a museum.

This is a 6 leader mission. Rules will follow the basic rules from the base game with the additional changes for Pegasus.

We will be using all characters from Daybreak and Exodus.

We will be playing with Mutiny cards and Miracle tokens.

Miracle tokens refer only to Once Per Game abilities. You may only have a max of one. If, for some reason, a card would grant you a token and you already have one, you may not gain a second. However, if you have used your OPG, getting a Miracle token will allow you to use your OPG ability.

Some actions will force a player to take a Mutiny card. You may only have one in your hand. If you are forced to take a second Mutiny card, immediately go to the Brig and discard down to one Mutiny card. Cylon players may not have Mutiny cards. Revealed Cylons must discard their Mutiny cards, and may never draw Mutiny cards.

Reckless skill checks have been adjusted. No longer does reckless trigger Treachery card abilities, instead follow the following procedure:

*After cards are added, flip the top card of the Treachery deck face up.
*If card value is >0, do nothing and process skill check like normal
*If card value is 0, flip up next Treachery card and resolve both text abilities. May repeat, and does not prevent abilities in skill check from triggering.
*Checks that fail with total of <0 trigger Reckless

Players are as follows, selected by the true random number generator:

1. @Lantz - Admiral Cain
  2. @Otthegreat - Kat
  3. @rowe33 - Cally
  4. @Jorn_Weines - Zarek
  5. @jeffreyb - Gaeta
  6. @soondifferent -‘Brother’ Cavil

1 - Ginger Yellow, Knightsaber, rowe33, soondifferent, ShivaX
Cylons - Fuel - ShivaX, rowe33
2 - scottagibson, rowe33, Knightsaber, Otthegreat, Lantz
Cylons - Morale - scott, Knight
3 - Lantz, rowe33, scottagibson, Otthegreat, Knightsaber
Humans - Lantz, scottagibson, Knightsaber
4 - Otthegreat, Lantz, scottagibson, rowe33, Otagan
Cylons - Destroyed Galactica - Lantz, Otagan
5 - Lantz, Otagan, Otthegreat, scottagibson, ShivaX, soondifferent, rowe33
Cylons - Destroyed Galactica - scottagibson, soondifferent, Otagan CL
6 - soondifferent, Otthegreat, Knightsaber, rowe33, Blueboy08, scottagibson
Humans - Otthegreat, Knightsaber CL, rowe33, scottagibson
7 - Otthegreat, scottagibson, CaseyRobinson, rowe33, CraigM, Jørn Weines
Cylons - Destroyed Galactica - Otthegreat, scottagibson, CraigM CL
8 - rowe33, CaseyRobinson, Knightsaber, Jørn Weines, soondifferent, Otthegreat
Humans - rowe33 CL, CaseyRobinson, Jørn Weines, Otthegreat
9 MEGA GAME - Lantz, Scottagibson, Rowe33, Otthegreat, Soondifferent, Knightsaber, Jostly, JefferyB, Jørn Weines
Humans - Scottagibson, Rowe33, Jostly, Jeffreyb, Soondifferent CL
10 - Jeffreyb, Soondifferent, Knightsaber, Rowe33, Jostly, Lantz
Cylons - Fuel - soondifferent, Jostly (CL), Lantz
11 - Otthegreat, Soondifferent, Knightsaber, Rowe33, Jostly, CaseyRobinson
Cylons - Centurions - CaseyRobinson, soondifferent, Rowe33 (CL)
12 - legowarrior, jeffreyb, Rowe33, Woodlance, Jorn_Weines, Tim_N
Cylons - Morale - jeffreyb, Rowe33, Jorn_Weines (CL)
13 - CraigM, legowarrior, Scottagibson, Lantz, Rowe33, jeffreyb(CL)
Humans - legowarrior, Lantz, Rowe33
14 - Rowe33, Jorn_Weines, jeffreyb, Lantz, soondifferent, Knightsaber
Cylons - Centurions - jeffreyb, soondifferent, Lantz (CL)
15 - Lantz, Otthegreat, Rowe33, Jorn_Weines, jeffreyb, soondifferent
Humans - Lantz, Jorn_Weines, jeffreyb

The available characters:

Political Leaders

Military Leaders

Pilots

Support

Cylon Leaders

Line of succession

Admiral:

1. Helena Cain
  2. William Adama
  3. Saul Tigh
  4. Karl “Helo” Agathon (Original Version, Military Leader)
  5. Felix Gaeta
  6. Louis Hoshi
  7. Tom Zarek (Alternate Version, Military Leader)
  8. Lee “Apollo” Adama (Original Version, Pilot)
  9. Anastasia “Dee” Dualla
  10. Karl “Helo” Agathon (Alternate Version, Pilot)
  11. Kara “Starbuck” Thrace
  12. Louanne “Kat” Katraine
  13. Sharon “Boomer” Valerii
  14. Brendan “Hot Dog” Costanza
  15. Samuel T. Anders
  16. “Chief” Galen Tyrol
  17. Callandra “Cally” Tyrol
  18. Sherman “Doc” Cottle
  19. Lee Adama (Alternate Version, Political Leader)
  20. Tom Zarek (Original Version, Political Leader)
  21. Ellen Tigh
  22. Gaius Baltar (Alternate Version, Support)
  23. Gaius Baltar (Original Version, Political Leader)
  24. Romo Lampkin
  25. Tory Foster
  26. Laura Roslin

President

1. Laura Roslin
  2. Gaius Baltar (Original Version, Political Leader)
  3. Lee Adama (Alternate Version, Political Leader)
  4. Tom Zarek (Original Version, Political Leader)
  5. Romo Lampkin
  6. Tory Foster
  7. Ellen Tigh
  8. Lee “Apollo” Adama (Original Version, Pilot)
  9. Tom Zarek (Alternate Version, Military Leader)
  10. Felix Gaeta
  11. William Adama
  12. Karl “Helo” Agathon (Original Version, Military Leader)
  13. “Chief” Galen Tyrol
  14. Gaius Baltar (Alternate Version, Support)
  15. Callandra “Cally” Tyrol
  16. Sherman “Doc” Cottle
  17. Helena Cain
  18. Anastasia “Dee” Dualla
  19. Louis Hoshi
  20. Karl “Helo” Agathon (Alternate Version, Pilot)
  21. Sharon “Boomer” Valerii
  22. Saul Tigh
  23. Brendan “Hot Dog” Costanza
  24. Samuel T. Anders
  25. Kara “Starbuck” Thrace
  26. Louanne “Kat” Katraine

LOCATIONS

The Galactica

FTL Control Action: Jump the fleet if the Jump Preparation track is not in the red zone*
*may lose population

Weapons Control Action: Attack 1 Cylon ship with Galactica.

Communications Action: Look at the back of 2 civilian ships. You may then move them to adjacent area(s).

Research Lab Action: Draw 1 Engineering or 1 Tactics skill card.

Command Action: activate up to 2 unmanned vipers.

Admiral’s Quarters Action: Choose a character, then pass this skill check to send them to the “Brig”
*difficulty 7 Tactics/ Leadership challenge

Hangar Deck Action: Launch yourself in a Viper. You may then take 1 more action*
*Viper pilots only

Armory Action: Attack a Centurion on the Boarding Party track (destroyed on a roll of 7-8)

Sickbay You may only draw 1 Skill Card during your Receive Skill step

Brig You may not move, draw Crisis Cards, or add more than 1 card to skill checks. Action: Pass this skill check to move to any location*
*difficulty 7 Politics/ Tactics check

Colonial One

Quorum Chamber Action If you are the President, draw 1 Quorum card. You may then either draw 1 additional Quorum card or play 1 from your hand

Press Room Action: Choose another player to draw 1 Mutiny Card (He does not go to the “Brig”). He then keeps 1 of his Mutiny Cards, and discards the rest. You may then discard a Mutiny Card.

President’s Office Action: Draw 2 politics Skill Cards.

Administration Action: Draw 1 Mutiny Card. If the President has any Mutiny Cards, choose a player to the President title. If the “Accept Prophecy” card is in play, the President may discard it to keep his title.

Cylon Locations

Caprica Action: Play your Super Crisis Card or draw 2 Crisis Cards, choose 1 to resolve, and discard the other*
*No activate Cylon Ships step

Cylon Fleet Action: Activate all Cylon ships of one type, or launch 2 raiders and 1 heavy raider from each Basestar

Human Fleet Action: Look at the top card of the Crisis or Destination deck and place it on the top or bottom of that deck, then draw 2 Skill Cards: Or: Action: Infiltrate Galactica.

Resurrection Ship: Draw only 1 Skill Card during your Draw Skill Cards Step. Action: Draw 1 Super Crisis Card. (New to Pegasus)

Pegasus Locations

Pegasus CiC: Action: Choose a Basestar and roll a die: 1-3 = Damage Pegasus; 4-6 = Damage Basestar; 7-8 = Damage Basestar Twice

Airlock: Action: Choose a character and pass this Skill Check to Execute them. (12, Politics-Tactics-Treachery). Reduce the difficulty of this check by 4 if the character is already in the ‘Brig’.

Main Batteries: Action: Choose a space area to affect and roll a die: 1 = Destroy 1 Civilian Ship; 2-3 = Damage 1 Viper; 4-6 = Destroy 2 Raiders; 7-8 = Destroy 4 Raiders.

Engine Room: Action: Discard 2 Skill cards to treat the next Crisis card drawn this turn as if it had a ‘prepare for jump’ (jump prep) icon.

Roles and skill cards:

Politics cards:

Leadership cards:

Tactics cards:

Piloting cards:

Engineering cards:

Treachery cards:

Cylon Leader Motives:

Quorum Album

Quorum card counts:

2X Arrest Order
2X Authorization of Brutal Force
2X Food Rationing
4X Inspirational Speech

Mutiny Deck

So, @Lantz has first pick. You all know the rules about military, political, pilots etc, right. I.E. you need one of each at least. And one Cylon Leader, please.

After Lantz the pecking order is:

@Lantz - Admiral Cain
@Otthegreat - Kat
@rowe33 - Cally
@Jorn_Weines - Zarek
@jeffreyb - Gaeta
@soondifferent - ‘Brother’ Cavil

Cally’s for closers.

Admiral Cain.

@Otthegreat

OOOOTTTTTTT!

Hm, Lantz didn’t pick Cally, what’s next, Donald Trump as President? Oh.

Also remember we moved from Cylon Leader Agendas to Motives, if you want a Cylon Leader and are confuzzled, please speak up and I will explain.

Wohoo, I was not spaced before the game began!

Admiral Cain, what can possibly go wrong? I mean, you are highly decorated and all but why are you in charge of a museum ship?

Edit; Hang on. As I was half asleep I parsed @rowe33’s post as him selecting Cally. I guess that complicates it. I’ve changed my TOTALLY NOT A CYLON decision tree below.

If neither @Otthegreat or Rowe choose a political character I will play Tom Zarek (OG Politician).
If either chooses a political character I will play Kara “Starbuck” Thrace if neither chose a pilot.
If both a political and pilot character have been chosen, I will… probably have to consider the card types chosen before I decide on a support character. But it will probably be the Chief or Cally.

I don’t really want to play a Cylon Leader but I am confuzzled :)

I’ll go with Kat.

@rowe33

Are we going easy on the humans again?, like last game ;)

Congrats @CraigM, i still have three months of sleep in front of me before the little one shows up :D

Thanks, and, ugh, last night. Didn’t get to sleep until 2am because little girl was not interested in laying down and wanted to be held. Awake.

I’ll take Cally! Unless no one else wants to be Cylon Leader, in which case I’ll pick one of those instead.

@Jorn_Weines

I think that Jorn is in for Zarek then and we’re on to @jeffreyb

It is so.

Gaeta for me

And @soondifferent, pick your Cylon leader.

Cylon Leader Motives aren’t that bad, and they’re better than the old Agendas were imho.

A CL gets two to start the game, and two during the Sleeper Phase. Each one is marked ‘Human’ or ‘Cylon’ and has conditions, when those are met, they can flip them over (for freeeee). If two of them are ‘human’ and flipped over, the Cylon Leader wins with the humans, and if two are flipped over and are ‘Cylon’, the CL wins with the Cylons. If they get all four flipped over and 2 are Human and 2 are Cylon, they win either way.

Edit: They can wait until the end of the game to reveal any cards in which conditions are met, also.

So basically it sort of maybe gives them a chance of choosing a side. If they have less than three Motives flipped when the game ends, they lose, though. So there’s a lot of thinking involved :)

Agree. You can see them all, though only some can flip in game. That they have multiple options, and you need to be able to flip all but one at game end, means that you are not locked in to trying to force a near impossible objective, or allowed to get a cupcake (i.e. join the humans). You have to play both sides to a degree, and can be flexible.

I find them to be objectively better @soondifferent for both the Cylon, and the balance.