Battlestar Galactica 17: Prime Motives

We’ll be back at Disneyland tomorrow for our younger unit’s build date anniversary but I’ll try and check in if possible!

Ok finally home and kids to bed. Give me 5 to tally and post.

Yeah, one of those type days.

Opportunity, madness. The distinction here was fine. normally mining an asteroid field for ice was considered the worst job to have, suitable work for only those for whom the future consisted of no more than the next drink. And that was with fully funded and properly equipped ventures.

This was nothing like that.

In fact the early plans had been compiled by the flight groups for Galactica, assuming the best options were to utilize the skills of the reconnaissance flights by Raptors to identify the safest and most profitable to mine. Normally this would be a great plan, after all that was their job. But…

Starbuck had compiled those drafts. She had identified the equipment, she had coordinated the grid patterns for scouting, she had laid out the criteria for which to mine. And some damned fool had dusted off these plans and set them in motion without vetting the source. So off the Demetrius went to go mine asteroids, with the Golden Knight providing refinery.

Then the reports came in, and the mission hinged on a thread.

Skill cards:

Politics 0(RT), 1(CP), 3(IC)
Leadership 0(IW), 3(RO), 3(DE)
Tactics 0(TI), 1(LS), 1(LS)
Engineering 1®, 1®
+14
Piloting 0(PtF)
Treachery 3(ABM)
Total +11
Iron Will in effect, Protect the Fleet in effect. A Better Machine adds 2 Treachery
Trust Instincts draws 2 Destiny
Leadership 1(XO), 5(DE)
+6

Total +17, pass.

And by some miracle, and some last minute tweaks, the ships came home with water.

slaps @rowe33 upside the head

Don’t worry, there are others kicking themselves for different reasons right now too.

And @jeffreyb you may go

Wow, it’s weird being the only Cylon in this fleet!

Zero cards = no complaining, tin can.

Don’t whine at me that you can’t see my Motives. I’m not in this for you, princess.

And I’m looking out for the greater Cylon good! Not on some fetish quest with a half-baked scientologist.

Wohoo, my gamble paid off!

Sure it did! It sure did! Did it, sure! It did, sure!

So great work on that check

Normally i would check the admiral but:

• He has helped on both checks
  • We cannot stop him before we jump, so he would out himself with the destination anyway

Then Ellen:

• She has helped on both checks
  • Her discarding the XO 2 end of turn looked weird (was that your worst card)
  • The decision on the check with the double jump prep could have been made differently

and lastly the Doc

• Didn’t help on the first check looks like and only a bit on the second check

If i check and vet someone, then the other human would know who is the cylon.
But then who can we trust…

That is all assuming you trust me ofcourse :)

Time to compare input, i would have your thoughts
@Lantz
@Jorn_Weines
@soondifferent

I would check ALL of them. It’s incredibly suspicious (and convenient) that your machine only works once.

I agree with your analysis.

You would ;)

BTW this is me right now

Baltar looking for the remaining Cylon:

Notes:

• He is in a position of power, so he has a vested interest to stay hidden. Other than a misjump, he might not necessarily out himself (Doc discarded last destination, so no knowledge.)
  • If I discard a card it would either be because it is redundant/lower within that colour.
  • With the double jump prep decision it was fairly unanimous, with the matching colour it was not one I could solo.
  • Had a turn since sleeper phase and did not reveal, and is not in position of power. So on balance, more likely to be human than the rest. Not like he’d be hanging around to use his OPG.
  • Although he is second in line to admiralty, could be angling for that? Longshot?

As for Baltar:

• Pretty much the same boat as Helo (to a lesser extent.) Since you’re in a position of power, it benefits you to stay hidden, and it would be difficult to trust your cylon analysis. Though it won’t hurt, and we’re not in distress right now.
  • Behavior during checks seem fine as you had no cards.