Battlestar Galactica 18: Off to college, and then to War

2 cards

@jeffreyb

1 card @scottagibson

1 card

@CaseyRobinson

1 card, @Jorn_Weines

1 card @CraigM

Ok one loose end before revealing results.

I am considering using my OPG. Input from my fellow humans?

Using it on what?

I’m confused as well

He can OPG one color out of a skill check.

I just want to know.

1. Which color?
  2. Why now?

His OPG as chief is he can chose a type of skill card and, before revealing skill cards, make them all value 0.

I know. But how would he know what to choose. Well except treachery I suppose

Well that’s the trick ;)

I was thinking treachery since destiny is stacked (right?) and cyber-Apollo’s draws. But I am not sure.
We’re 3 in command so would be bad if we all blew up.

Up to you.

I might regret it, but I will use my OPG to reduce the value of Treachery cards to 0. Sorry for the delay. @CraigM

I will give you props if you combined this with ahod (does that work?or would that be negative?)

That would actually work, as it turns them to 0, so that AHoD makes them +1 color regardless.

However does that happen?

New arrivals to Galactica are usually sent through a security checkpoint. Usually. However certain persons within the fleet can create expedited procedures for certain VIPs. Normally these are tightly controlled passes, but sometimes people get a little sloppy. But given the highly placed nature of the people allowed to create such bypasses, there was very little auditing done on them.

But a keen eye may have noted the late hour of authorization disguised by edited registries. May have noted the careful manner in which the guest was able to slide baggage by, but not through, chemical and explosive screenings. The careful manner in which they coordinated their movement to disturbances and disruptions in the process. Sleight of hand, but with explosives.

But none such eyes were present. No person of the keen and tactical mind to discern the subtle way things were off. And so this visitor was able to go through unmolested. The marine guard for this VIP was duly ditched in time, inside a storage closet.

A sharp alarm sounded minutes later as a crew member noticed the door slightly ajar and investigated. The unconcious and bleeding body gave rise to an all stations alarm.

But the alarm only served to increase the purpose. Gathered tightly in the command, with crew hastily shuttling information in and out, the infiltrator walked in the chaos. A marine shouted to leave immediately, but by then it was too late. The detonator in hand…

Skill cards:

Leadership 1(MV), 5(DE)
Tactics 2(LS), 2(LS), 5(SP)
+15
Politics 2(CP), 5(N)
Engineering 0(IU), 0(EN), 3(SR)

Total +5, Establish network doubles Engineering, Total**+2**, fail. -1 morale, Leoben, Chief, and Cain all sent to sickbay. @Jorn_Weines draws 1 Engineering card from Install Upgrades

Ouch, someone sure wanted that to fail!

Interesting.

Quick note: I don’t draw Politics or Engineering. Sometime when my brain is functional I’ll go look back on who put how many into this.

Edit: Welp.