Battlestar Galactica 24 - These aren't the Craigs you're looking for

Cylons, sabotaged defence nets, nukes, collapse of civilization. Yada yada, you all know the drill by now. We’ve got a paltry few tens of thousands of people tagging along and we’re trying to herd them to where the grass is greener. They are represented by the rather pleasant number 12. But we have much less than 12 food to feed them with and they’re a bit less than 12 happy about that. Oh and we’re a little light on fuel too, considering how far we need to go. I’m sure everything will be fine.

Five leaders will take on this burden, but two will turn out to be naughty naughty Cylons.

Rules

base game
Pegasus
Daybreak
Exodus

The game will run with the Cylon Basestar board, found page 12 of Exodus rules. Cylon ships, after a jump, move to that board. Cylon activations advance a tracker there. Revealed cylon players may go there to take two of the possible actions listed, no discard to move there or back (unlike Colonial One or Pegasus for humans).

If no cylon ships are on the main board, follow rules on page 13 to place them on the pursuit board. I recommend everyone take a brief look, for brevity. They’re not too hard. We also gain the CAG title, which deals with a few small issues, and the are responsible for placing civilian ships. Succession is same rules as Admiral. You get 4 damaged Viper Mk VII to start.

Human fighters:
Viper 5-7 damaged, 8 destroyed
Mk VII 6-7 damaged, 8 destroyed, may move two spaces instead of one.
Assault Raptor 7-8 destroyed, damage basestar with 7-8

Nukes:
1-2 damage basestar twice
3-6 destroy basestar
7 destroy basestar and 3 raiders
8 destroy all ships in space area

We will be using all characters from Daybreak and Exodus (plus the extra characters from the vassal module that mixes a few new ideas, makes a non crap Anders, and has human playable Cylon leaders)

We will be playing with Mutiny cards and Miracle tokens.

Miracle tokens refer only to Once Per Game abilities. You may only have a max of one. If, for some reason, a card would grant you a token and you already have one, you may not gain a second. However, if you have used your OPG, getting a Miracle token will allow you to use your OPG ability.

Some actions will force a player to take a Mutiny card. You may only have one in your hand. If you are forced to take a second Mutiny card, immediately go to the Brig and discard down to one Mutiny card, unless otherwise specified on a card. Cylon players may not have Mutiny cards. Revealed Cylons must discard their Mutiny cards, and may never draw Mutiny cards.

Reckless skill checks have been adjusted. No longer does reckless trigger Treachery card abilities, instead follow the following procedure:

• After cards are added, flip the top card of the Treachery deck face up.
  • If card value is >0, do nothing and process skill check like normal
  • If card value is 0, flip up next Treachery card and resolve both text abilities. May repeat, and does not prevent abilities in skill check from triggering.
  • Checks that fail with total of <0 trigger Reckless
Past games

1 - Ginger Yellow, Knightsaber, rowe33, soondifferent, ShivaX
Cylons - Fuel - ShivaX, rowe33
2 - scottagibson, rowe33, Knightsaber, Otthegreat, Lantz
Cylons - Morale - scott, Knight
3 - Lantz, rowe33, scottagibson, Otthegreat, Knightsaber
Humans - Lantz, scottagibson, Knightsaber
4 - Otthegreat, Lantz, scottagibson, rowe33, Otagan
Cylons - Destroyed Galactica - Lantz, Otagan
5 - Lantz, Otagan, Otthegreat, scottagibson, ShivaX, soondifferent, rowe33
Cylons - Destroyed Galactica - scottagibson, soondifferent, Otagan CL
6 - soondifferent, Otthegreat, Knightsaber, rowe33, Blueboy08, scottagibson
Humans - Otthegreat, Knightsaber CL, rowe33, scottagibson
7 - Otthegreat, scottagibson, CaseyRobinson, rowe33, CraigM, Jørn Weines
Cylons - Destroyed Galactica - Otthegreat, scottagibson, CraigM CL
8 - rowe33, CaseyRobinson, Knightsaber, Jørn Weines, soondifferent, Otthegreat
Humans - rowe33 CL, CaseyRobinson, Jørn Weines, Otthegreat
9 MEGA GAME - Lantz, Scottagibson, Rowe33, Otthegreat, Soondifferent, Knightsaber, Jostly, JefferyB, Jørn Weines
Humans - Scottagibson, Rowe33, Jostly, Jeffreyb, Soondifferent CL
10 - Jeffreyb, Soondifferent, Knightsaber, Rowe33, Jostly, Lantz
Cylons - Fuel - soondifferent, Jostly (CL), Lantz
11 - Otthegreat, Soondifferent, Knightsaber, Rowe33, Jostly, CaseyRobinson
Cylons - Centurions - CaseyRobinson, soondifferent, Rowe33 (CL)
12 - legowarrior, jeffreyb, Rowe33, Woodlance, Jorn_Weines, Tim_N
Cylons - Morale - jeffreyb, Rowe33, JornWeines (CL)_
13 - CraigM, legowarrior, Scottagibson, Lantz, Rowe33, jeffreyb(CL)
Humans - legowarrior, Lantz, Rowe33
14 - Rowe33, Jorn_Weines, jeffreyb, Lantz, soondifferent, Knightsaber
Cylons - Centurions - jeffreyb, soondifferent, Lantz (CL)
15 - Lantz, Otthegreat, Rowe33, Jorn_Weines, jeffreyb, soondifferent
Humans - Lantz, Jorn_Weines, jeffreyb
16 - CraigM(CL), Otthegreat, Jorn_Weines, Lantz, soondifferent, Rowe33
Cylons - Fuel - Jorn_Weines, Rowe33
17 - Knightsaber(CL), Jørne Weines, soondifferent, Lantz, rowe33, jeffreyb
Humans - Jørne, Lantz, jeffreyb, Knightsaber
18 - Knightsaber, jeffreyb, scottagibson, caseyrobinson(CL), Jørn Weines, Lantz
Cylons (fuel) Jeffreyb, Lantz, Caseyrobinson
19 - Perky Goth, soondifferent, Rowe33, Otthegreat, Jeffreyb
Cylons - Fuel - Jeffreyb, soondifferent
20- Rho21, Perky Goth, Lantz, Jeffreyb, Rowe33
Humans - Rho21, Perky Goth, Rowe33
21- jeffreyb, Lantz, Jorn_Weines, rho21, soondifferent
Cylons - Population - jeffreyb, rho21
21b - Perky_Goth, rowe33, CaseyRobinson, Otthegreat, Lantz
Cylons - Fuel - Otthegreat, Lantz
22 - Otthegreat, soondifferent, rho21, rowe33, Lantz
Humans - soondifferent, rho21, rowe33
23 - CraigM, rowe33, Strollen, Jorn_Weines, Perky_Goth
Cylons - Morale - Jorn_Weines, Perky_Goth

Characters
Military

Military%20pt%201
Military pt 1.jpg1343x1797 1.27 MB

Military%20pt%202
Military pt 2.jpg1341x1807 1.14 MB

Pilots

Pilots%20pt%201
Pilots pt 1.jpg1347x1793 1.3 MB

Pilots%20pt%202
Pilots pt 2.jpg1353x1346 997 KB

Politics

Politics%20pt%201
Politics pt 1.jpg1359x1810 1.31 MB

Politics%20pt%202
Politics pt 2.jpg1339x903 516 KB

(note Zarek changes)

Support

Support%20pt%201
Support pt 1.jpg1333x1787 1.35 MB

Support%20pt%202
Support pt 2.jpg1365x1810 1.22 MB

Succession

succesion
succesion.png814x1838 1010 KB

Human actions on the board
Galactica

FTL Control Action: Jump the fleet if the Jump Preparation track is not in the red zone, 75% chance to lose population

Weapons Control Action: Attack 1 Cylon ship with Galactica.

Communications Action: Look at the back of 2 civilian ships. You may then move them to adjacent area(s).

Research Lab Action: Draw 1 Engineering or 1 Tactics skill card.

Command Action: activate up to 2 unmanned vipers.

Admiral’s Quarters Action: Choose a character, then pass this skill check to send them to the “Brig”
*difficulty 7 Tactics/ Leadership challenge

Hangar Deck Action: Launch yourself in a Viper. You may then take 1 more action*
*Viper pilots only

Armory Action: Attack a Centurion on the Boarding Party track (destroyed on a roll of 7-8)

Sickbay You may only draw 1 Skill Card during your Receive Skill step

Brig You may not move, draw Crisis Cards, or add more than 1 card to skill checks. Action: Pass this skill check to move to any location*
*difficulty 7 Politics/ Tactics check

Colonial One

Quorum Chamber Action If you are the President, draw 1 Quorum card. You may then either draw 1 additional Quorum card or play 1 from your hand

Press Room Action: Choose another player to draw 1 Mutiny Card (He does not go to the “Brig”). He then keeps 1 of his Mutiny Cards, and discards the rest. You may then discard a Mutiny Card.

President’s Office Action: Draw 2 politics Skill Cards.

Administration Action: Draw 1 Mutiny Card. If the President has any Mutiny Cards, choose a player to the President title. If the “Accept Prophecy” card is in play, the President may discard it to keep his title.

Pegasus

Pegasus CiC : Action: Choose a Basestar and roll a die: 1-3 = Damage Pegasus; 4-6 = Damage Basestar; 7-8 = Damage Basestar Twice

Airlock : Action: Choose a character and pass this Skill Check to Execute them. (12, Politics-Tactics-Treachery). Reduce the difficulty of this check by 4 if the character is already in the ‘Brig’.

Main Batteries: Action: Choose a space area to affect and roll a die: 1 = Destroy 1 Civilian Ship; 2-3 = Damage 1 Viper; 4-6 = Destroy 2 Raiders; 7-8 = Destroy 4 Raiders.

Engine Room : Action: Discard 2 Skill cards to treat the next Crisis card drawn this turn as if it had a ‘prepare for jump’ (jump prep) icon.

Cylon actions on the board

Caprica Action: Play your Super Crisis Card or draw 2 Crisis Cards, choose 1 to resolve, and discard the other*
*No activate Cylon Ships step

Cylon Fleet Action: Activate all Cylon ships of one type, or launch 2 raiders and 1 heavy raider from each Basestar

Human Fleet Action: Look at the top card of the Crisis or Destination deck and place it on the top or bottom of that deck, then draw 2 Skill Cards: Or: Action: Infiltrate Galactica.

Resurrection Ship : Draw only 1 Skill Card during your Draw Skill Cards Step. Action: Draw 1 Super Crisis Card. (New to Pegasus)

Basestar Bridge Action: choose two of the following

• The CAG must place 1 civilian ship, following placement rules
  • Place 1 Basestar or 3 raiders on any one space on this game board
  • Roll a die 1-3 decrease jump track by 1, 4-8 increase pursuit track by 1
  • Roll a die, if the result is less than the number of raiders on the main game board draw 2 Galactica damage tokens, choose 1 to resolve.
Roles

roles2
roles2.png858x436 701 KB

Cards
Politics

politics%20cards
politics cards.png733x477 569 KB

Leadership

leadership%20cards
leadership cards.png724x459 573 KB

Tactics

Tactics%20cards
Tactics cards.png749x475 574 KB

Piloting

Piloting%20cards
Piloting cards.png739x474 583 KB

Engineering

Engineering%20cards
Engineering cards.png745x475 582 KB

Treachery

treachery%20cards
treachery2

Quorum

[Album] Quorum Deck

2X Arrest Order
2X Authorization of Brutal Force
2X Food Rationing
4X Inspirational Speech

Mutiny

[Album] Mutiny Deck

Right, hopefully that’s a bit easier to navigate than a wall of text and images. Let me know if it causes you problems and I’ll do some editing.

Players in this game, randomly ordered as:
@soondifferent
@Otthegreat
@jeffreyb
@scottagibson
@Lantz

Get picking your characters. I’m off to bed shortly, I’ll get things running in the morning.

I’ll go with Natalie Faust @Otthegreat

I just realized I’ve yet to play a pilot since we added the pursuit board. So, I’ll go with Noel “Narcho” Allison.
No of course I’m not picking him because I read his nickname as nacho at first.

Also, fancy first post rho! I approve.

@jeffreyb

grumble

I didn’t say better! Yours have character. Like a majestic but sprawling mansion built by an eccentric millionaire :)

Craig did it first, I just stole it :)

I guess that is true.

Hey, you bring new people in, you gotta expect things to change a bit.

Just wait til I get to using tables. It’s gonna be a wiiiild ride.

Politics it is then, Lee Adama

@scottagibson

Yay, you picked one I have board icons for!

Guess we need some support?

Cally Tyrol

@Lantz

There seem to be two. Do you prefer Impulsive or Candid?

Oh, impulsive, of course! Sorry.

Fixed

You do what you gotta do.

Sorry for the delay, I am in the middle of an atypical crazy morning and our current team is, um, eclectic so I need to ponder options. I am leaning towards one of the emergency pilot options so we have 1 primary and two backups for when the primary is a cylon as required.

No rush, it’s going to be 5 hours until I can start getting the game together.

Yes, it’s always interesting to view character choices through a lens of suspecting the chooser really is hoping to be a Cylon.

Admiral Helo is a little boring but I think he’s the best option to round this out, even if he’s a bit boring.

I really wanted to give @rho21 the joy of Boomer crisis f’ing up but I think Helo’s the responsible pick.

See below

I know you have reservations about a Cylon leading the fleet, but are you sure it’s wise to leave our defense solely to the man named after a tasty snack?