Battlestar Galactica 26: Winning the Marathon

scott called it first, I’m afraid we’re forcing you to play.

No @CraigM ?

Well he still has a few hours to jump in, I did ask.

No wonder I mistook you for one of the good guys! Sorry @jeffreyb, but I guess anyone who plays Fisk gets archived as sketchy ;)

I’ll sit this one out.

Well, I wouldn’t mind either in case someone really wants to, there’s plenty of shit I should focus on. On the other hand, making fun of Knightsaber’s errors is a nice hobby, so, you know…

Let me place a couple of calls and then I’m just going to RNG pick people.

@CraigM, would you like to play a game?
@rho21, would you like to (possibly) play a game?
@soondifferent, would you like to (possibly) play a game?
@Navaronegun, would you like to (possibly) play a game?

I am doing Republic of Rome. Until we get that moving fairly hitch-free I’d better abjure.

I’ll sit this one out.

Always! @Knightsaber

Also I missed out on the conclusion of this game. I didn’t follow it entirely, but congrats to the victorious toasters!

Also one thought. I might be biased because I’ve been human for the past couple of games, but maybe that house rule for reckless if check < 0 isn’t necessary anymore. IIRC it was implemented back when raiders and basestars were a rarity, and humans had the luxury of flipping through the quorum deck and idly drawing cards.

I might be persuaded to make it only one card flip. I might not.

I’ve had some thoughts on that. I reckon we should split up the standard Reckless check and the penalty for letting a check go below zero.

Treat the former case as it specifies in the rules (flip one, if it’s a zero flip another and resolve both). For letting a check go below zero, something that makes it bad for the humans but not as potentially catastrophic. How about something like: flip a card from treachery, if its value is less than the amount the check is negative, resolve it?

That’s reasonable, I’ll test it out in this game.

Now I’m gonna jet for a while and see if Craig would like to join in.

Can anyone remind me why the Demetrius was only in a couple of games? Do I remember right that it was added hassle with little gain?

Was never added.

And yes, hassle with little gain. Has cool abilities, but the reality is it’s a fair bit of overhead for something that may only see use once or twice a game.

Huh. Was’t it used in one game here?

If it was it must have been while I was in India last year.

I believe you added it in once, but it wasn’t used.

I think.

Or we had a discussion about it and didn’t put it in.

Are you playing? It’s fine if you’d like some free time instead. :)

Apparently we talked about it around the time of game #13. For some reason I thought we played a game with it. Hard to keep track of everything.