Battlestar Galactica 26: Winning the Marathon

Ok discard a card to move to C1

Discard 0FtH

Card 1 drawn. Play one, or draw another?

Let’s get ahead of the game.

While Kara stumbles around like a tipsy martinet in the Hangar Bay, let’s get organized…she was getting awfully close to “all up ons” at the flight school graduation ceremony…

Play:

qmfG4KE

Dials adjusted, and now

The emergency appointment of Lee Adama had rankled many. So in order to ward off charges of nepotism and rule by military consent, elections were planned

Elections%20Loom

Starting with @Knightsaber (pending any pre check shenanigans

Hmm. Food instead of morale?

Not the worst crisis. I can certainly help with some politics.

Why would you ever intentionally play that Quorum card to start the game? Morale is the #1 way to lose.

That is basically a straight Cylon reveal in my book.

Both at 9 now…Cylon (accusations so early? Dead giveaway…).

Yeah, but out of the 26 games played here (albeit not all with the same set of expansions in play), 3 have ended due to running out of morale but running out of food has never happened. (6 to fuel, 1 to population, 2 to centurions, 3 to Galactica being destroyed, 11 human victories.)

That’s probably a big part of why the current meta here is to value all other resources more than food early on.

I think the reason we haven’t yet seen a loss that way is there aren’t many ways to lose food except from crisis cards, and there are quite a few ways to regain some if it’s looking low.

When is the loser game starting? :) @Lantz

I will get the thread going this morning

Not sure whether to blame the Morale for Food exchange on inexperience with our game format or a Cylon possibly pretending to be inexperienced with our game format. The former makes more sense probably, as the rest of us still screw things up on a regular basis but we’ll see.

Sorry I’m late! What’d I miss?

Oh. Well. That’s deliciously suspicious. I’ll keep that in mind, then.

One card.

@Lantz

Well we know you are a Cylon. Look at you, for Monotheistic Deity’s sake!

1 Card

@rho21

1 card

@rowe33

1 card for me

@Navaronegun

1 card

@CraigM

Sorry guys, no update until I get out of work. Turns out that when the servers hosting all the product data goes down, and keeps going down once restored, bad things happen.

It is not a good day.

This is why you never ever network computers.

Hope it sorts out soon!