Battlestar Galactica 27: More Like a Beer Run

The age of man ended with the birth of the Cylons. Old faiths were shaken, and toppled. New mysteries revealed. The edifice of life crumbled from the inside. Though the world did not know it for some time. Looking out at the echoes of time the new order could trace a line, new deities sprung whole from the mouths of this new sect of life.

The old order struck back hard, trying to stave off the rot that threatened the whole, but it was not enough. For a time they seemed sure of their victory, but it was merely a lull, a false security. Deep in the bowels of space this new force waited, sure of their ultimate victory to be delivered by mystical forces they only had knowledge of. Then after the allotted and foretold days passed, they strode boldly into the light.

The nuclear light.

And humanity hung by a thread…

5 leaders, two false in time. Rules, for those who need a refresher (which may well include me!)

base game
Pegasus
Daybreak
Exodus

The game will run with the Cylon Basestar board, found page 12 of Exodus rules. Cylon ships, after a jump, move to that board. Cylon activations advance a tracker there. Revealed cylon players may go there to take two of the possible actions listed, no discard to move there or back (unlike C1 or Pegasus for humans).

If no cylon ships are on the main board, follow rules on P13 to place them on the pursuit board. I recommend everyone take a brief look, for brevity. They’re not too hard. We also gain the CAG title, which deals with a few small issues, and the are responsible for placing civilian ships. Succession is same rules as Admiral. You get 4 damaged Viper Mk VII to start.

Ship stats:

Viper 5-7 damaged, 8 destroyed
Mk VII 6-7 damaged, 8 destroyed, may move two spaces instead of one.
Assault Raptor 7-8 destroyed, damage basestar with 7-8

Nuke 1-2 damage basestar twice
3-6 destroy basestar
7 destroy basestar and 3 raiders
8 destroy all ships in space area

We will be using all characters from Daybreak and Exodus (plus the extra characters from the vassal module that mixes a few new ideas, makes a non crap Anders, and has human playable Cylon leaders)

We will be playing with Mutiny cards and Miracle tokens.

Miracle tokens refer only to Once Per Game abilities. You may only have a max of one. If, for some reason, a card would grant you a token and you already have one, you may not gain a second. However, if you have used your OPG, getting a Miracle token will allow you to use your OPG ability.

Some actions will force a player to take a Mutiny card. You may only have one in your hand. If you are forced to take a second Mutiny card, immediately go to the Brig and discard down to one Mutiny card, unless otherwise specified on a card. Cylon players may not have Mutiny cards. Revealed Cylons must discard their Mutiny cards, and may never draw Mutiny cards.

Reckless skill checks have been adjusted. No longer does reckless trigger Treachery card abilities, instead follow the following procedure:

*After cards are added, flip the top card of the Treachery deck face up.
*If card value is >0, do nothing and process skill check like normal
*If card value is 0, flip up next Treachery card and resolve both text abilities. May repeat, and does not prevent abilities in skill check from triggering.
*Checks that fail with total of <0 trigger Reckless

Locations

The Galactica

FTL Contro l Action: Jump the fleet if the Jump Preparation track is not in the red zone*
*may lose population

Weapons Control Action: Attack 1 Cylon ship with Galactica.

Communications Action: Look at the back of 2 civilian ships. You may then move them to adjacent area(s).

Research Lab Action: Draw 1 Engineering or 1 Tactics skill card.

Command Action: activate up to 2 unmanned vipers.

Admiral’s Quarters Action: Choose a character, then pass this skill check to send them to the “Brig”
*difficulty 7 Tactics/ Leadership challenge

Hangar Deck Action: Launch yourself in a Viper. You may then take 1 more action*
*Viper pilots only

Armory Action: Attack a Centurion on the Boarding Party track (destroyed on a roll of 7-8)

Sickbay You may only draw 1 Skill Card during your Receive Skill step

Brig You may not move, draw Crisis Cards, or add more than 1 card to skill checks. Action: Pass this skill check to move to any location*
*difficulty 7 Politics/ Tactics check

Colonial One

Quorum Chamber Action If you are the President, draw 1 Quorum card. You may then either draw 1 additional Quorum card or play 1 from your hand

Press Room Action: Choose another player to draw 1 Mutiny Card (He does not go to the “Brig”). He then keeps 1 of his Mutiny Cards, and discards the rest. You may then discard a Mutiny Card.

President’s Office Action: Draw 2 politics Skill Cards.

Administration Action: Draw 1 Mutiny Card. If the President has any Mutiny Cards, choose a player to the President title. If the “Accept Prophecy” card is in play, the President may discard it to keep his title.

Cylon Locations

Caprica Action: Play your Super Crisis Card or draw 2 Crisis Cards, choose 1 to resolve, and discard the other*
*No activate Cylon Ships step

Cylon Fleet Action: Activate all Cylon ships of one type, or launch 2 raiders and 1 heavy raider from each Basestar

Human Fleet Action: Look at the top card of the Crisis or Destination deck and place it on the top or bottom of that deck, then draw 2 Skill Cards: Or: Action: Infiltrate Galactica.

Resurrection Ship : Draw only 1 Skill Card during your Draw Skill Cards Step. Action: Draw 1 Super Crisis Card. (New to Pegasus)

Basestar Bridge Action: choose two of the following
*The CAG must place 1 civilian ship, following placement rules
*Place 1 Basestar or 3 raiders on any one space on this game board
*Roll a die 1-3 decrease jump track by 1, 4-8 increase pursuit track by 1
*Roll a die, if the result is less than the number of raiders on the main game board draw 2 Galactica damage tokens, choose 1 to resolve.

Pegasus Locations

Pegasus CiC : Action: Choose a Basestar and roll a die: 1-3 = Damage Pegasus; 4-6 = Damage Basestar; 7-8 = Damage Basestar Twice

Airlock : Action: Choose a character and pass this Skill Check to Execute them. (12, Politics-Tactics-Treachery). Reduce the difficulty of this check by 4 if the character is already in the ‘Brig’.

Main Batteries: Action: Choose a space area to affect and roll a die: 1 = Destroy 1 Civilian Ship; 2-3 = Damage 1 Viper; 4-6 = Destroy 2 Raiders; 7-8 = Destroy 4 Raiders.

Engine Room : Action: Discard 2 Skill cards to treat the next Crisis card drawn this turn as if it had a ‘prepare for jump’ (jump prep) icon.

Player Order:

@jeffreyb - Jack Fisk
@Jorn_Weines - D’anna Biers
@Otthegreat - Crashdown
@soondifferent - Ellen Tigh
@scottagibson - Athena

All Characters

Military

Pilots

(non crap(?) Anders)

Politics

(note Zarek changes)

Support

Roles

Cards

Politics cards:

Leadership cards:

Tactics cards:

Piloting cards:

Engineering cards:

Treachery cards:
treachery%20cards
treachery2

Quorum album
https://imgur.com/a/LdRF2

2X Arrest Order
2X Authorization of Brutal Force
2X Food Rationing
4X Inspirational Speech

Mutiny album
https://imgur.com/a/eRw46

Past Games

1 - Ginger Yellow, Knightsaber, rowe33, soondifferent, ShivaX
Cylons - Fuel - ShivaX, rowe33
2 - scottagibson, rowe33, Knightsaber, Otthegreat, Lantz
Cylons - Morale - scott, Knight
3 - Lantz, rowe33, scottagibson, Otthegreat, Knightsaber
Humans - Lantz, scottagibson, Knightsaber
4 - Otthegreat, Lantz, scottagibson, rowe33, Otagan
Cylons - Destroyed Galactica - Lantz, Otagan
5 - Lantz, Otagan, Otthegreat, scottagibson, ShivaX, soondifferent, rowe33
Cylons - Destroyed Galactica - scottagibson, soondifferent, Otagan CL
6 - soondifferent, Otthegreat, Knightsaber, rowe33, Blueboy08, scottagibson
Humans - Otthegreat, Knightsaber CL, rowe33, scottagibson
7 - Otthegreat, scottagibson, CaseyRobinson, rowe33, CraigM, Jørn Weines
Cylons - Destroyed Galactica - Otthegreat, scottagibson, CraigM CL
8 - rowe33, CaseyRobinson, Knightsaber, Jørn Weines, soondifferent, Otthegreat
Humans - rowe33 CL, CaseyRobinson, Jørn Weines, Otthegreat
9 MEGA GAME - Lantz, Scottagibson, Rowe33, Otthegreat, Soondifferent, Knightsaber, Jostly, JefferyB, Jørn Weines
Humans - Scottagibson, Rowe33, Jostly, Jeffreyb, Soondifferent CL
10 - Jeffreyb, Soondifferent, Knightsaber, Rowe33, Jostly, Lantz
Cylons - Fuel - soondifferent, Jostly (CL), Lantz
11 - Otthegreat, Soondifferent, Knightsaber, Rowe33, Jostly, CaseyRobinson
Cylons - Centurions - CaseyRobinson, soondifferent, Rowe33 (CL)
12 - legowarrior, jeffreyb, Rowe33, Woodlance, Jorn_Weines, Tim_N
Cylons - Morale - jeffreyb, Rowe33, JornWeines (CL)_
13 - CraigM, legowarrior, Scottagibson, Lantz, Rowe33, jeffreyb(CL)
Humans - legowarrior, Lantz, Rowe33
14 - Rowe33, Jorn_Weines, jeffreyb, Lantz, soondifferent, Knightsaber
Cylons - Centurions - jeffreyb, soondifferent, Lantz (CL)
15 - Lantz, Otthegreat, Rowe33, Jorn_Weines, jeffreyb, soondifferent
Humans - Lantz, Jorn_Weines, jeffreyb
16 - CraigM(CL), Otthegreat, Jorn_Weines, Lantz, soondifferent, Rowe33
Cylons - Fuel - Jorn_Weines, Rowe33
17 - Knightsaber(CL), Jørne Weines, soondifferent, Lantz, rowe33, jeffreyb
Humans - Jørne, Lantz, jeffreyb, Knightsaber
18 - Knightsaber, jeffreyb, scottagibson, caseyrobinson(CL), Jørn Weines, Lantz
Cylons (fuel) Jeffreyb, Lantz, Caseyrobinson
19 - Perky Goth, soondifferent, Rowe33, Otthegreat, Jeffreyb
Cylons - Fuel - Jeffreyb, soondifferent
20- Rho21, Perky Goth, Lantz, Jeffreyb, Rowe33
Humans - Rho21, Perky Goth, Rowe33
21- jeffreyb, Lantz, Jorn_Weines, rho21, soondifferent
Cylons - Population - jeffreyb, rho21
21b - Perky_Goth, rowe33, CaseyRobinson, Otthegreat, Lantz
Cylons - Fuel - Otthegreat, Lantz
22 - Otthegreat, soondifferent, rho21, rowe33, Lantz
Humans - soondifferent, rho21, rowe33
23 - CraigM, rowe33, Strollen, Jorn_Weines, Perky_Goth
Cylons - Morale - Jorn_Weines, Perky_Goth
24 - soondifferent, Otthegreat, jeffreyb, scottagibson, Lantz
Humans - soondifferent, jeffreyb, Lantz
25 - Knightsaber, Jorn_Weines, Perky_Goth, Navaronegun, rowe33
Humans - Perky_Goth, Navaronegun, rowe33
26 - ???
27 - ???

I have the following potential players:
@Otthegreat
@Jorn_Weines
@scottagibson
@jeffreyb
@scottagibson
@Perky_Goth

Please confirm whether you are in or not!

Also, new players always welcome!

I’m maintaining my stance of letting others have priority.

Ok, cool. I will give new blood a few hours to chime in (and I have meetings) and then I will roll for turn order.

Present

I’m in, but would also give up my spot for any new players.

I am in, but will also let new players have priority.

I even made a small figure of the process:

I’m in if there’s room for me.

Ah, but are you in twice?

< snicker

I’m in if there’s room! I replied in the wrong thread for #26 and missed the main thread.

Can’t play without you ofcourse :)

Second Scott was supposed to be Soon :)

I am just preparing you all to catch my mistakes during the game. Practice! Practice! Practice!

Yay! I was getting a bit sick of the Chief’s big red face staring back at me with every post. Maybe pick someone pretty this time.

Yes, Do so.

Player Order: Pick your person and please include your starting cards and location (if applicable)

1. @jeffreyb - Jack Fisk (Pegasus CiC)
  2. @Jorn_Weines - D’anna Biers (1 Politics + 1 Leadership + 1 Tactics)
  3. @Otthegreat - Crashdown (1 each piloting, tactics, leadership please)
  4. @soondifferent - Ellen Tigh [Political] (2 politics 1 leadership)
  5. @scottagibson - Athena (One each Leadership, Piloting, Engineering)

@Navaronegun approves of this thread title.

IF @jeffreyB selects a !=support character THEN @Jorn_Weines will play D’anna Biers (1 Politics + 1 Leadership + 1 Tactics).
IF @jeffreyb selects a support character THEN @Jorn_Weines will play Natalie Faust (2 Tactics + 1 Leadership).

I like it when you go old school with “AND” “OR” gates, @Jorn_Weines