Battlestar Galactica 28: I Swear This Has Happened Before

Can’t guarantee that at all.

I’d say that it’s a guarantee when the Loyalty cards are dealt. Beyond that is out of my control.

Maybe try without redistribution in the sleeper phase?

I’m in for whatever concoction you guys come up with!

I think that if we’re restricting to 0/1 sleeper Cylon then also restricting distributions is going to make it too easy to logic the other Cylon and might make for some tough situations for the players.

For instance, the President is dealt a Cylon card to start and has a great opportunity to reveal and cause havoc. But if they do they immediately clear the start-of-the-game Admiral as definitely human. Knowing that helps humanity a ton so it makes it a lot harder for the President to reveal.

You could handle that more dynamically, perhaps. So as the sleeper phase rolls around, if the current president is a cylon, the current admiral won’t be dealt a cylon card.

But if there were no cylons out before the sleeper phase, they could both become cylons at that point (seems like a fair balance for the humans having an easy ride in the early game).

If you have a god emperor, all bets are off because the humans have been foolish enough to allow that to happen.

There we go.

LOL!

I hate make work for other people, so I support a basically vanilla version, but I love the idea of mixing it up. My quibling around the one thing probably distracts from the fact that I think that the other parts are great!

After all this mucking around and playing ‘fake’ games by myself, I’m pretty sure I’ve settled on…sometimes bad things happen. The BSG board game has always been in the Cylon’s favor, it’s tuned that way. Human wins are supposed to be a Big Deal.

So there.

I would subscribe to your patreon if you stream these solo games you speak of.

They aren’t very entertaining, seeing everyone’s cards and all.

Yeah, but I assume you have a voice and personality that you use for each of us as you play.

Yes, you’re always a Cylon. So is Lantz.

In the interest of Knight’s patience, and maybe my own and others’, should we agree of a set of conditions for calling it, though? It’s taken a bit of a toll.

I have a pretty good monotone, sorry.

And I don’t think I’ll run a game anytime soon, there are Real World things coming up I have to do that are Rough.

Perfect time to make this a live game over (whatever service we’d use)!

@Jorn_Weines was considering running a game a while back. Not sure how busy he is with travel

I am busy with other things than travel at the moment, but who knows what the future brings?

Am re-building all the tokens/icons/pieces, patience is needed.