Battlestar Galactica 30 - Something Dark is Coming, Maybe

Cylons suck at planning.
Humans blame everyone but the Cylons for everything.
Fleet in disarray.

BSG Rulebook
Pegasus Rulebook
Exodus Rulebook
Daybreak Rulebook
BSG Errata

Refresher

The game will run with the Cylon Basestar board, found on page 12 of Exodus rules. Cylon ships, after a jump, move to that board. Cylon activations advance a tracker there. Revealed Cylon players may go there to take two of the possible actions listed, no discard to move there or back (unlike C1 or Pegasus for humans).

If no Cylon ships are on the main board, follow rules on P13 to place them on the pursuit board. I recommend everyone take a brief look, for brevity. They’re not too hard. We also gain the CAG title, which deals with a few small issues, and the are responsible for placing civilian ships. Succession is same rules as Admiral.

Ship stats:

Viper 5-7 damaged, 8 destroyed
Mk VII 6-7 damaged, 8 destroyed, may move two spaces instead of one.
Assault Raptor 7-8 destroyed, damage basestar with 7-8

Nuke
1-2 damage basestar twice
3-6 destroy basestar
7 destroy basestar and 3 raiders
8 destroy all ships in space area

We will be using all characters from Pegasus, Daybreak, and Exodus plus New and Exciting Characters.

We will be playing with Mutiny cards and Miracle tokens.

Miracle tokens refer only to Once Per Game abilities. You may only have a max of one. If, for some reason, a card would grant you a token and you already have one, you may not gain a second. However, if you have used your OPG, getting a Miracle token will allow you to use your OPG ability.

Some actions will force a player to take a Mutiny card. You may only have one in your hand. If you are forced to take a second Mutiny card, immediately go to the Brig and then check out the new experimental rules. Cylon players may not have Mutiny cards. Revealed Cylons must discard their Mutiny cards, and may never draw Mutiny cards.

Previous Game Outcomes

1 - Ginger Yellow, Knightsaber, rowe33, soondifferent, ShivaX
Cylons - Fuel - ShivaX, rowe33
2 - scottagibson, rowe33, Knightsaber, Otthegreat, Lantz
Cylons - Morale - scott, Knight
3 - Lantz, rowe33, scottagibson, Otthegreat, Knightsaber
Humans - Lantz, scottagibson, Knightsaber
4 - Otthegreat, Lantz, scottagibson, rowe33, Otagan
Cylons - Destroyed Galactica - Lantz, Otagan
5 - Lantz, Otagan, Otthegreat, scottagibson, ShivaX, soondifferent, rowe33
Cylons - Destroyed Galactica - scottagibson, soondifferent, Otagan CL
6 - soondifferent, Otthegreat, Knightsaber, rowe33, Blueboy08, scottagibson
Humans - Otthegreat, Knightsaber CL, rowe33, scottagibson
7 - Otthegreat, scottagibson, CaseyRobinson, rowe33, CraigM, Jørn Weines
Cylons - Destroyed Galactica - Otthegreat, scottagibson, CraigM CL
8 - rowe33, CaseyRobinson, Knightsaber, Jørn Weines, soondifferent, Otthegreat
Humans - rowe33 CL, CaseyRobinson, Jørn Weines, Otthegreat
9 MEGA GAME - Lantz, Scottagibson, Rowe33, Otthegreat, Soondifferent, Knightsaber, Jostly, JefferyB, Jørn Weines
Humans - Scottagibson, Rowe33, Jostly, Jeffreyb, Soondifferent CL
10 - Jeffreyb, Soondifferent, Knightsaber, Rowe33, Jostly, Lantz
Cylons - Fuel - soondifferent, Jostly (CL), Lantz
11 - Otthegreat, Soondifferent, Knightsaber, Rowe33, Jostly, CaseyRobinson
Cylons - Centurions - CaseyRobinson, soondifferent, Rowe33 (CL)
12 - legowarrior, jeffreyb, Rowe33, Woodlance, Jorn_Weines, Tim_N
Cylons - Morale - jeffreyb, Rowe33, JornWeines (CL)_
13 - CraigM, legowarrior, Scottagibson, Lantz, Rowe33, jeffreyb(CL)
Humans - legowarrior, Lantz, Rowe33
14 - Rowe33, Jorn_Weines, jeffreyb, Lantz, soondifferent, Knightsaber
Cylons - Centurions - jeffreyb, soondifferent, Lantz (CL)
15 - Lantz, Otthegreat, Rowe33, Jorn_Weines, jeffreyb, soondifferent
Humans - Lantz, Jorn_Weines, jeffreyb
16 - CraigM(CL), Otthegreat, Jorn_Weines, Lantz, soondifferent, Rowe33
Cylons - Fuel - Jorn_Weines, Rowe33
17 - Knightsaber(CL), Jørne Weines, soondifferent, Lantz, rowe33, jeffreyb
Humans - Jørne, Lantz, jeffreyb, Knightsaber
18 - Knightsaber, jeffreyb, scottagibson, caseyrobinson(CL), Jørn Weines, Lantz
Cylons (fuel) Jeffreyb, Lantz, Caseyrobinson
19 - Perky Goth, soondifferent, Rowe33, Otthegreat, Jeffreyb
Cylons - Fuel - Jeffreyb, soondifferent
20- Rho21, Perky Goth, Lantz, Jeffreyb, Rowe33
Humans - Rho21, Perky Goth, Rowe33
21- jeffreyb, Lantz, Jorn_Weines, rho21, soondifferent
Cylons - Population - jeffreyb, rho21
21b - Perky_Goth, rowe33, CaseyRobinson, Otthegreat, Lantz
Cylons - Fuel - Otthegreat, Lantz
22 - Otthegreat, soondifferent, rho21, rowe33, Lantz
Humans - soondifferent, rho21, rowe33
23 - CraigM, rowe33, Strollen, Jorn_Weines, Perky_Goth
Cylons - Morale - Jorn_Weines, Perky_Goth
24 - soondifferent, Otthegreat, jeffreyb, scottagibson, Lantz
Humans - soondifferent, jeffreyb, Lantz
25 - Knightsaber, Jorn_Weines, Perky_Goth, Navaronegun, rowe33
Humans - Perky_Goth, Navaronegun, rowe33
26 - rowe33, Knightsaber, Lantz, Navaronegun, rho21
Cylons - Fuel - rowe33, Knightsaber
27 - jeffreyb, Jorn_Weines, Otthegreat, soondifferent, scottagibson
Cylons - Population - Otthegreat, scottagibson
28 - Jorn_Weines, jeffreyb, Perky_Goth, soondifferent, rowe33
Cylons - Fuel - Jorn_Weines, soondifferent
29 - rho21, Perky_Goth, Snebmi, soondifferent, Jorn_Weines
Humans - rho21, Perky_Goth, Jorn_Weines
30 - Lantz, Jorn_Weines, Perky_Goth, Cuthbert, rowe33
Cylons - Destroyed Galactica- Perky_Goth, Cuthbert

Characters:

Military

Political

Pilots

Support

Succession

Roles

Cards:

Politics

Leadership

Tactics

Piloting

Engineering

Treachery

Locations:

Locations

The Galactica

FTL Contro l Action: Jump the fleet if the Jump Preparation track is not in the red zone*
*may lose population

Weapons Control Action: Attack 1 Cylon ship with Galactica.

Communications Action: Look at the back of 2 civilian ships. You may then move them to adjacent area(s).

Research Lab Action: Draw 1 Engineering or 1 Tactics skill card.

Command Action: activate up to 2 unmanned vipers.

Admiral’s Quarters Action: Choose a character, then pass this skill check to send them to the “Brig”
*difficulty 7 Tactics/ Leadership challenge

Hangar Deck Action: Launch yourself in a Viper. You may then take 1 more action*
*Viper pilots only

Armory Action: Attack a Centurion on the Boarding Party track (destroyed on a roll of 7-8)

Sickbay You may only draw 1 Skill Card during your Receive Skill step

Brig You may not move, draw Crisis Cards, or add more than 1 card to skill checks. Action: Pass this skill check to move to any location*
*difficulty 7 Politics/ Tactics check

Colonial One

Quorum Chamber Action If you are the President, draw 1 Quorum card. You may then either draw 1 additional Quorum card or play 1 from your hand

Press Room Action: Choose another player to draw 1 Mutiny Card (He does not go to the “Brig”). He then keeps 1 of his Mutiny Cards, and discards the rest. You may then discard a Mutiny Card.

President’s Office Action: Draw 2 politics Skill Cards.

Administration Action: Draw 1 Mutiny Card. If the President has any Mutiny Cards, choose a player to the President title. If the “Accept Prophecy” card is in play, the President may discard it to keep his title.

Cylon Locations

Caprica Action: Play your Super Crisis Card or draw 2 Crisis Cards, choose 1 to resolve, and discard the other*
*No activate Cylon Ships step

Cylon Fleet Action: Activate all Cylon ships of one type, or launch 2 raiders and 1 heavy raider from each Basestar

Human Fleet Action: Look at the top card of the Crisis or Destination deck and place it on the top or bottom of that deck, then draw 2 Skill Cards: Or: Action: Infiltrate Galactica.

Resurrection Ship : Draw only 1 Skill Card during your Draw Skill Cards Step. Action: Draw 1 Super Crisis Card. (New to Pegasus)

Basestar Bridge Action: choose two of the following
*The CAG must place 1 civilian ship, following placement rules
*Place 1 Basestar or 3 raiders on any one space on this game board
*Roll a die 1-3 decrease jump track by 1, 4-8 increase pursuit track by 1
*Roll a die, if the result is less than the number of raiders on the main game board draw 2 Galactica damage tokens, choose 1 to resolve.

Pegasus Locations

Pegasus CiC : Action: Choose a Basestar and roll a die: 1-3 = Damage Pegasus; 4-6 = Damage Basestar; 7-8 = Damage Basestar Twice

Airlock : Action: Choose a character and pass this Skill Check to Execute them. (12, Politics-Tactics-Treachery). Reduce the difficulty of this check by 4 if the character is already in the ‘Brig’.

Main Batteries: Action: Choose a space area to affect and roll a die: 1 = Destroy 1 Civilian Ship; 2-3 = Damage 1 Viper; 4-6 = Destroy 2 Raiders; 7-8 = Destroy 4 Raiders.

Engine Room : Action: Discard 2 Skill cards to treat the next Crisis card drawn this turn as if it had a ‘prepare for jump’ (jump prep) icon.

Game 30 Experimental Fun Time Rules:

Mk7 Vipers are undamaged to start the game. Normal Mk2 Vipers are still used in the initial setup.

Broadcast Location’s text is changed magically to ‘Advance the Pursuit Track by 1’ Note that it does not say ‘only one may trigger per check’. Cough. Ahem.

0 or 1 Cylons will be active before the Sleeper Phase. There may or may not be 2 after the Sleeper Phase, but the odds are high on 2!

Everyone starts with a full hand of 5 cards from their skill set.

Reckless will trigger when triggered by game rules.

If a skill check is less than zero:

One Treachery card is flipped and revealed.

If the number on the Treachery card is less than the amount the check is failed by, the card will take effect.

For example, if the check is at -6, and Violent Outbursts is revealed, VO triggers. If the check is -3, VO has no effect. Be cautious when tanking.

Scar appears on the Main Board when his card is revealed. He jumps with the Human Fleet. Scar is frightening.

All Mutiny held by a player is discarded when they are sent to the Brig.

The moderator may or may not fudge Loyalty if the President and Admiral draw You Are A Cylon cards. This may or may not apply to two pilots as well.

RNG’ed Player Character choosing and Turn Order -

1 @Lantz - Doc Cottle
2 @Jorn_Weines - Aaron Kelly
3 @Perky_Goth - Hawt Dawg
4 @Cuthbert - Baltar of the Political Variety
5 @rowe33 - Lee Adama of the Pilot Variety

Ya’ll know the Military/Political/Pilot rules for picking. If you don’t, I get to be snarky. Have at it.

Oh gods, going first. The pressure!

I know who I will be playing.

Who do you want? I can work around whoever.

I’m not telling, I have my IF THEN decided as well.

You know who uses IF THENs? Toasters!

No, they use IF DEFROST, THEN BURN TOAST.

Does the first player have to pick a Military person, since there are technically the “most”, or should I just take that to mean “don’t take a role that’s already taken if there are unfilled ones”

As we play it they can choose whatever they want, and the player order is adjusted accordingly if they choose a support character. I think.

So, strictly by the rules we’re supposed to pick one Military, Politician, and Pilot with the first 3 picks. We generally ignore that part. But we do have to have at least one of each of them.

I am conflicted on the good Dr, Cally <3, or some political nerd.

There has to be a Military, Politics and Pilot character. I don’t care what order they’re in. The rules say in the first 3 but that’s up to you all. I enjoy watching people mess up the overall card draws with weird picks.

I will take Doc Cottle. I will remind people that some early XOs to me can really get our card situation in good shape.

@Jorn_Weines

(Also 2 Pilots is usually a good frakkin’ idea, because one is usually a Cylon/brigged/President-somehow)

keyboard faceplant.gif

Excellent. I will play Aaron Kelly, and start with one each of tactics, leadership and engineering. My OR was political Lee Adama. @Perky_Goth.

Actually everyone starts with a full hand this game. Does no one read my top posts?