Battlestar Galactica 34 - Rule 34

BSP_newcaprica_21

@Jorn_Weines leads us off.

Haha, no.

** 0 cards** @Knightsaber

1 card @Perky_Goth

4 cards, but low contribution.
It’s a good thing no one ever loses by morale.

Forgot it again.
@CraigM

one card @soondifferent

4 cards @Cuthbert

one card @Lantz

Positive Cards: +18
Leadership: 2 XO
Tactics: 1 LS, 1 LS, 2 LS, 1 G&I, 2 G&I, 3 UP, 5 SP
Engineering: 1 R

Negative Cards: -13
Piloting: 5 LR
Treachery: 0 DC, 3 ABM, 5 EaW

No one is sitting on a DE so Game 34 Ends to Morale loss.

Congrats @CraigM and @Cuthbert
Condolences to @Perky_Goth @soondifferent @Jorn_Weines and @Knightsaber

Thanks for running the game @Lantz!

Congrats Team Cylon! How many of you were Cylons from the beginning?

Sorry for not luring you onto our team @Knightsaber, but I felt we had enough to do by trying to stay afloat.

After a few games, I am not sure if the Demetrius adds much. I feel like we don’t really have the actions to make use of it.

New Caprica sure is a new flavor of the end-game Mutiny brig-party. I did enjoy having the Resistance HQ to throw Treachery cards on, though.

Pretty sure @Cuthbert was, and no one else.

I came on mid game.

Ach, mea culpa guys, I could have added more but wanted to hang on to a SP. Well, we were doomed anyway. Congrats @CraigM and @Cuthbert, GG everyone else!

Extra thanks as usual to @Lantz for running this giant thing!

Yeah, agreed on Demetrius (although one less Basestar would have been nice, it wouldn’t have made much of a difference at the end)

I think New Caprica would have been doable for us given our pre-NC state, if it weren’t for the Daybreak mutiny cards and hostile Six combined. I kept hoarding the strong treachery cards and PM’ing hands like this to Lantz for posterity before realizing that pretty much everyone had hands like this:

or

It was fun though and I’m looking forward to NC again.

Also, I’m sad that I found this campy gif of a one eyed Michael Hogan drawing a samurai sword (apparently he played budget Deathstroke in some show?) but I couldn’t find it again in time for the exectuion.

This is a snapshot of the glory that y’all missed out.

Technically, I was.

I started with this:

image image

3 or more Morale and Human victory on the other pushing me to be nice.

At the Sleeper Phase I picked up:

image image

Which gave me no choice but to be Evil Six.

But New Caprica eats Morale and Population alive and since Team Human was Keep All Food Intact At All Costs since turn 1, I was pretty screwed.

Ouch. Yeah with fuel off the table, and food not coming up, morale and pop were the obvious targets. With NC population is almost always going to be an obvious target, as chasing fleeing civvies is one of the best options at the end.

Morale was in good shape for you… until it wasn’t. Wasn’t even trying to hit it since it was so high to start NC phase.

That was not a terrible set of options for a non NC game, but for NC was all but assured defeat.

Yeah, I left Galactica early to desperately try and do damage or put Centurions on board, but I just didn’t get the chance.

I think that the game would play out a lot differently next time after we all have a lot better view of what New Caprica is like. Normally preserving food early helps because you can bleed it later to save other things, but food just hits stasis on New Caprica.

Humanity probably should have thrown it all into ship preps on NC, but they were definitely trying to plug a lot of leaks in the dam at once. Craig snagging away that PP was pretty brutal.

I think that I should have given a Sympathetic Agenda instead of the Motives and obviously merging in the other treacheries would probably have helped.

Six player game Cylon Leaders are pretty unfair, though. It either turns into 3 vs 3 or 4 vs 2. Seven players with a CL is better, I think.

I still like Motives better :)