Battlestar Galactica XX: The Super Crisis Shuffle

2 cards

@Perky_Goth to finish

3 cards

@rowe33 do you trigger Probation?

Not at this time.

The great equalizer. Money can no longer shield you from deprivation when the source of its value is held in contempt. Stability, surety, such things exist not when humanities ragged remainders are on the run. Gold can not be eaten, therefore its value as a medium of exchange vanished. Stalking in the shadows was the specter of extermination, caring not for wealth or status.

But the riots had calmed, as the necessary expense of satiating the mob was paid. But now was the time to tighten up. No longer were explosions threatening the now, so facing tomorrow became required. The Admiral, grim and determined, had pushed his crew to measure every ounce of meat, every kernel of grain. The President, out of his depth, deferred to others of better ability, in part because his predecessor was so much more suited to this administrative stuff. Pilots rushed from bay to barge, calculating exactly what day their doom would arrive.

It was too soon for comfort, but far enough to allow some respite. Some room to organize production. It would not be easy, but it would be possible. If they could temper rations, they might live to die of some other cause.

Skill cards

Politics 1CP, 1CP, 2CP, 2StP
Leadership 1XO, 3RO, 5AAC
+15
Piloting 0D, 1EM

+14, pass.

Cylons activate, none on main board. Roll 1, 1 raider placed in sector 1.

Pursuit track advances. CAG @rho21 you must place 1 civilian ship in an unoccupied space sector, which one?

Huh, I thought we were going to have a big spike on this check.

Better to pass it than not, but we also doubled the 7 we needed face value and that’s not even factoring potential post reveal options. Better than failing but overkill can be an issue too.

BSG, where you get a side eye for passing ‘too well’ ;)

I’m just going to enjoy this nice cup of tea. No, that’s not me smiling, why would you say that?

It’s only double because it’s was low and destiny was tame, it’s not an unusual gap.

Zone 3 for the civvie, please.

Ok, sorry about that. Got busy blowing up some different plastic spaceships yesterday.

@Lantz your tactics/ engineering choice please.

Oh my bad, Engineering.

Ok @Lantz

@CraigM Pegasus CiC is damaged btw.

I will move to CiC and then play Leadership 1 XO

I will give the first action to @rowe33 to address our morale issue.

@rho21 I am planning on giving you the second.

Also, I will note that I could use an XO back to put this ship back together.

Thank you, will use as intended. Can anyone modify a die roll? Either way, will give a riveting speech about coming together for the survival of humanity that literally brings the fleet to tears.

Push button, play Inspirational Speech

Tactics 3SP on that

Tory Adaptively draws Politics and Engineering.

We’ll have to excuse the President. He was supposed to be a fighter jockey, not a statesman. He started stammering, sweating, and about to break down when he got a call from the XO of Pegasus, informing them that under his seat was a ‘care package’.

It was a bottle of 25 year whiskey.

Which he would savor, slowly. Meaning that he just needed a little bit to take the edge, but not enough to start slurring. And it worked, mostly. Not to be confused with the great oratory of the ages, it did get the job done.

Roll 4 +2, +1 morale

Not everyone can be a charming charismatic exotic beauty. Still, he gets the job done while I go tour the fleet.

Very good. I’m liking these split xo’s. Nice character choice @Lantz