Battlestar Galactica XX: The Super Crisis Shuffle

Since I’m around, I’ll go tour the Hangar and motivate our boys to repair a couple of mkVII for our hotshots.

2R on the hangar.

Sweet new rides, can’t wait to see them on the board.

Which means I need to make tokens for them ;)

Rescue%20Mission%20(missiles)

Looks like @jeffreyb has a choice to make.

With knowledge of one of the available destinations, I would say that we can afford to lose the fuel. Of course it’s entirely possible the other destination is superior and would work better with the first choice.

We can get some fuel later, unless the loyalty deck has other ideas.

I don’t know, I will get advice from my buddy @Lantz

We do have crashdown his ability as well

Guh. Both suck. I’d rather dump morale since we can rebuild it than fuel when we’re already a little tight.

I thought we were ahead on fuel at this point. We had a saving already, and we haven’t lost any.

we’re taking the morale hit @CraigM

Maybe we can split-xo the president out and maybe pilot do some stuff or i can lob a nuke @Lantz
Or it might be better to let the basestar live?

@CraigM extra engineering please

Civilians to 3 and 4.

Ok @Lantz

Anyone with more experience with the whole pursuit track want to weigh in there? I followed the last game with it but this is my first time playing with it.

I could make a Nuking more useful if it did happen.

While we discuss, I will:
Leadership 1XO Tory out of jail (presumably) with my first action.

So if we let it live we will jump with the cfb track being at the max.
The track won’t move with the basestar on board.
So that would mean everything would jump in with us being at the first jump marker.

If we kill it, ships will jump in this turn and we could jump away in one or two preps depending.

So it seems better to kill it is my reading of it

Well, that was my only game, but delaying blowing them up meant they just got friends and we couldn’t keep up when Cylons were active. We should not make the same mistake again, they’re out there, even if they don’t know it yet.

Discard Politics 0FtH to move to the Quorum Chamber to hit the slot machine.

You’re only getting a half XO here, right? So just the move?

Ops, yeah, it’ll wait for me. Oh, the temptation to pull the lever! I’ll just move then, because this prison is dirty, who’s in charge here?

We absolutely need to keep on top of raider numbers, otherwise they will be a terror at the end of the game. Basestars less so, because there can only be two at once anyway, and new ones are generated a lot. If we kill this one, there’s a pretty good chance there will be a new one to replace it this turn. Also (as happened here) when the pursuit board is full of basestars a single one will sometimes show up, giving you a nice breather in the pursuit.

So it’s really down to how it interacts with the timing of a Cylon raid, which is as @jeffreyb says. I guess the question is whether the current pursuit fleet being on our board for a full jump cycle is enough of a threat that we need to use up a nuke to try to prevent it. I suspect the answer is yes, especially as the Cylon fleet will otherwise be showing up right as we have to deal with treachery from within our own fleet.

Some very good analysis, Mr. pilot. Much better than mine.

I will use the second half of my XO for our Admiral

@CraigM

i will take @Lantz his sidearm (jurgen bielzen weakness) and execute him @CraigM

I know i promised and all but what can you do.