Battlestar Galactica XX: The Super Crisis Shuffle

Big shot, coming through…

Roll… 1

that is the bad news.
Threat%20of%20Super%20Nova

The good news is… jump prep and no Raider activation?

@Perky_Goth you start.

So that’s 4 dead raiders? :(

You did that on purpose!

I can never remember - do we do the little bit with the aiming reticle in our version?

Maybe you can humans can tank this one as well ;)

Did you remove the cards without the jump prep insert salt

I’m glad to be officially the worst of the best of the best.

Is that anything with a skill check ability on the card

Yeah, that symbol appears on all the 0-strength cards plus most of the treachery cards. I think it’s precisely the set with Skill check or Reckless skill check effects (but not the ones with just Reckless or Play before cards are added to a skill check).

And yes, we had the effect go off the only other time we hit one of these crises.

So that’s almost guaranteed to go off, check

Ok got it, thanks! I’m still a newbie on BSG and all, bear with me.

Don’t worry, I am here to answer any and all questions about the minutia of the game.

How can humanity escape the Cylon’s clutches this game? Feel free to answer in detail, thanks!

Get another jump prep, press FTL button. Assuming you’re alive.

I was occupied.
So, no 0/Reckless cards? That’s only a good idea if you other humans can add a fair bit. Oof, and destiny should still bite a lot with these colors (and with 2 treacheries I don’t know).

I have too many cards in my hand, and many of them are piloting. Add anything you want rid of, I’m expecting to add quite a bit in last seat.

Don’t worry about adding 0-strength cards if they’re valuable, I’m sure that between our Cylons and destiny, that trigger is going to be met.

Destiny itself is, what, 25% positive?

I didn’t take notes on what already came out from what I saw, but, from memory of what did, the few higher cards were of the wrong color, the rest were low.
I’m playing what I have, I don’t think you two have to do the same if there’s something you want to keep.

2 cards

I will boldly skip in line with 1 card

@Lantz
@rowe33

1 card
@rowe33

I’ll put my max of 2 cards.

3 cards from me @CraigM

This was their purpose in life. Well trained, well honed pilots embrace danger. All the machinations, mayhem, and malignant behavior had done is hone things to a razor edge. Searching for danger at every corner had moved them from weekend warriors to a crack squadron.

Finding themselves at the precipice of an impending super nova held little threat when their flight groups were fully prepared. However the arrival, en masse, of their dogged pursuers meant that no such preparation could be made. Now was the time to improvise. As missiles and flak threatened to consume their world, the fleet prepared what defenses they must. Sitting comfortably with most of their survivors intact a scant few hours ago, the ferocity and volume of their barrage nearly threatened to overwhelm their numbers. Another blow like that would have them on the precipice of extinction.

But they would not be deterred, and all the more reason to throw all they had at this newest threat. So while Admiral Taylor danced his way through the firestorm, protecting the civilian from harm with his wingman in a Mk VII, bringing back echoes of Husker in his days before… no, now was not the time for such thoughts.

But the fleet defense was being arranged well, the Admiral told Crashdown to jump out, using the Raptors FTL, to jump in system to the pocket where some civilians were being kept. The protocol they had instituted to protect from a single attack ending the entire human race was now threatening to help speed extinction. Though it was only one of the several dispersed, but nearby, staging areas, it would do no good to protect them from the Cylons only to lose them in a supernova.

Crashdown did as ordered, and returned moments later. The deed was done, the fleet shuffled off to a safer location, for now.

Skill cards

Leadership 0IW, 1XO, 4DE, 5AAC
Piloting 1EM, 2EM, 4CV, 5LR
+22
Tactics 0QT, 5CS
Treachery 0B

Total +17 pass. @rho21 there are 3 cards to activate. Quick Thinking, Bait, and Iron Will. Which one first, and which card do you draw out?

The basestars will shoot as soon as you decide.