Battlestar Galactica XX: The Super Crisis Shuffle

Just to be clear on the rules for that Probation card, the official-looking FAQ I found states that the power to discard the card moves with the Presidency.

Correct, any Quorum cards are at President’s usage, unless otherwise specified (such as a few specific Mutiny and character abilities)

Ok Probationary Admiral @jeffreyb is noted, @Perky_Goth has drawn two cards, now to the crisis:

Civilian%20Ship%20Nuked

Huh, fun times for @rowe33 to pick

Hey, it wasn’t me who sneezed over the button!
Damn, all these nice cards and I can’t use them on the damned crisis. OTOH, we’ll be jumping soon, so it’s not that bad.

Any opinions on this one? Option 2 seems better than 1 ship + 4 cards lost + 5 treachery cards “gained”.

We’re not wanting for anything and treachery at the start is cylon fuel, so I kind of thought the same. It’s always terribly annoying if it’s fuel, though, but what can you do?

Guh, I think it’s the ships…

Alrighty, let’s go with option 2. @craigm

It was then the true intentions of evil revealed themselves. Mysteries had begun to introduce themselves, but the simple question was: why?

Now they had an answer, an answer that grew in horror as the pieces fell into place. No mere failure had lead to the loss of communications from Colonial Command, no coincidence could lead to these actions. Every fact was connected, they merely needed to present how.

These things are true
The Cylons show up heavily armed
Colonial Command is unreachable
New ship updates had been done under suspicious contract work
Civilian ships were the primary target
Galactica was old, and therefore did not get upgrades
Cylons appear well beyond the armistice line and immediately shoot
Explosive devices were detonated on multiple ships

The connecting tissue was Extermination. Now their small numbers dwindled yet.

Pop -1, pop -1. Raiders move from 5 to 6, jump prep +1

@jeffreyb you are all set

I don’t see any real problems at the moment and we could use more politics so I will move pres office and draw 2 politics. Discard tac 1ls

Mysterious%20Message

Oh, this seems fun. Seems the Admiral got a private E-mail from the Cylons. @jeffreyb

I will wait for some input.

The pass seems usefull, the or option is very cheap though, well if it doesn’t hit of course!

I don’t think there’s a lot of Engineering around. Did you draw good Politics?
I can do a lot here, with a little help it’s definitely doable.

Don’t think I’m allowed to say that :)

I can help a lot, all 1 cards count as positive for this check as well due to my ability

I have zero cards so no help from me. The basestar shot might be our best option.

I think we will go for it.The fail isn’t that much worse than the or option and we are in jumpable position next turn as well.

Should be easily doable @rowe33

Our esteemed president has literally zero cards. Nothing from me either, I don’t draw those flavours.

@Perky_Goth

Just a reminder, all 1 value cards are positive for this check!

Going to need a good bit of a help from you perky

I know, let me do some math here… 4 cards.
We get to know which cards you discard, right?

i dont know, but i think so. Would have to check with @CraigM