Battlestar Galactica XX: The Super Crisis Shuffle

I will play, happy as a loser to sit out

I’ll go in reserve, it’s someone else’s time.

I would like to shoot someone! (preferrably a Cylon)

I’m in. Happy to watch if the numbers work out that way.

I’m in. But isn’t the whole point that we’re miserable if we sit out and miserable when we play?

Ok before I roll out the red carpet, @meeper are you interested in joining?

I will be in the reserves

Thanks @CraigM, but I think I’ll lurk and just watch again. Maybe next time though!

No problem, thought I’d extend the offer.

Ok, I’ll give it until this evening and then set the players, so any late entrants can put their name in the ring.

Looks like about enough for two games side-by-side, if there’s anyone awesome like Craig who might moderate.

8 isn’t enough for 2 games, we’d need at least 10.

I agree with you @rho21 @Knightsaber.

We have @CraigM as a player also
Pretty sure we can muster enough if we @ some people.

I’d prefer 12 players. So subtract myself and Craig as the moderators. Right now we’d have 9?

Edit: 10 would work.

What’s the general impression of playing without Cylon leaders after some games without them?

From my seat in the peanut gallery it seems like the game flows better and is more focused without them.

This is… a tricky one to answer for me. I like the Cylon Leaders, and I especially like the way the agendas work. It gives them the same kind of hesitancy that the human players have before the sleeper phase.

The problem is they can be too swingy. A fully friendly to humans CL might make things too easy, and a hostile one almost impossible. And, inevitably, we never can quite seem to hit the Goldilocks zone, sometimes because a CL that finds it impossible to win might just opt to burn it all down anyhow.

I like them, but I think the forum game is better without them.

Oops yeah we voted out Cylon leaders. 5 players in a game.

I am not fond of the cylon leaders in practice. There’s just no real mechanism for trust building between them and humanity because there’s no penalty that humanity can inflict so the Cylon leader basically just is playing a separate game.

I found being a cylon leader a little hollow despite a clean sweep of my objectives.

I like the idea of Cylon leaders but agree that we should leave them out.

I’m in if there’s room!

Also, I fell behind on the thread. That game was amazingly close! Well done to humanity, it’s nice the robots don’t win every time.

We could do some simultaneous game shenanigans but I don’t think @CraigM would want to play in one and run one. I wouldn’t.