Battlestar Galactica

I just don’t trust anything where Sci-Fi is concerned.

I got the impression that he in fact DID push her over the edge, after the conversation with Six he knew she needed a bit of encouragement which he supplied… watch it again to see.

Also, as far as being affected he clearly stated that he was concerned about a Cylon sleeper agent being activated… and Boomer was the only Cylon sleeper agent that he know about (as far as we know)

Potential reason she shot herself in a way that looks like an failed attempted suicide? It keeps her from being sent on the mission to Kobol and instead back on the ship.

Yes. We say ‘series’ rather than ‘season’.

When I first started watching the series, I was a bit pissed off with the mini preview that plays during the opening, however while watching this episode it dawned on me that in reality I actually really like it now, and I was watching the last ep’s intro and going “fuck yeah!”.

The sequence with the Raptors dropping in on top of the toaster fleet was just breathtaking.

Watching Space:1999 in my youth seems to have left me unbothered by “spoilers” in the opening sequences of either Galactica or Justice League Unlimited.

I’ve been ignoring the opening spoilers since the first time I realized they were spilers too. I’d watch if I knew Ron Moore (show runner, Big Hat, Head Honcho) was picking them so they were an intended part of the “experience”. But I was sort of annoyed when I realized that they gave away some of the plot in the first episode with Richard Hatch. So I’ve not watched the visuals during that part of the intro since that episode, but I do love the intro music, so I’ve kept it playing and just gotten a drink instead or whatever :)

I just noticed that Starbuck wasn’t wearing a spacesuit in the Cylon ship…How was she supposed to punch out and get picked up by a Raptor?

I don’t think she was supposed to punch out, I thought she just landed it directly on the BSG. Was there anything to the contrary in the episode? As far as we know, she flew it straight to the landing bay before she got out, right?

It did bother me a little that it even HAD life support suitable for a human on the inside, but I was willing to chalk it up to it being organic inside, especially if they don’t do anything to contradict that later (and if they do, well, I’ve seen much worse inconsistencies than that on sci-fi television :) )

Starbuck’s plan in the last episode was to plant a nuke on the Raider, fly it to Kobol, put it on autopilot heading towards the basestar, and eject, so she would need a spacesuit. However, I realized after I posted that the flight at the end of the episode (when she takes off for Caprica instead) was another test flight, not the real thing, so she didn’t necessarily need the suit.

Oh, that. I was thinking of the one where she captured it in the first place. Never mind.

Spoiler:

COMMANDER ADAMA DEAD??!?!?!?!?!?

Adama! The glowing white baby crib! The President in the brig! Starbuck discovers an old friend and a pregnant cylon!

Jesus H Basestar … I demand a new season by next Monday!

[size=7]JESUS FUCKING CHRIST!!![/size]

Exactly.

Pretty messed up. That’s all I have to say about that.

Better not make us wait a whole year.

— Alan

Spoiler warning:

[size=7]ASSHOLES![/size]

Ahem. Cliffhangers like that should be banned under the Geneva Convention or something…

He’s not dead. Next season I bet he starts in a coma, though.

If there IS a next season. Last I heard, six more scripts had been ordered, but the greenlight to actually shoot them had not been given. The show is obviously fantastic and I’m sure will get good ratings as long as the Sci-Fi channel doesn’t completely screw it up, but I’m also sure it’s a very expensive show to produce, which could sink it regardless of the ratings.

I think the greenlight hadn’t initially been given as they’re awaiting the US reaction, and to top that - it’s a bit odd to add those episodes in mid-season. Usually first run shows are renewed similar to that (usually 13 & 9 or 11), but to have just 6 additional episodes before a true second season is a bit of a logistical issue. But you’re right in that it’s probably a bit more expensive.

Then again, BG was one of the highest-rated SciFi miniseries ever so I imagine the TV show is doing fairly well, but I haven’t seen ratings yet on it.

— Alan