Battletech by Harebrained Schemes (Shadowrun Returns)

Think I’m going to take the afternoon off. I’ll be streaming in a bit

Unpacking is taking longer than downloading.

Ugh, ran into a glitch stopping me from even entering the game, setting up profile it insists it already exists. Best if all it’s a menu page you can’t navigate out of, had to ctl-alt-del to get out of game.

I think my internet connection is fast enough that preloading doesn’t save me time - I could probably download faster than I could unlock.

I thought I had a Paradox account. The passwords I used were wrong. The emails I gave to change password didn’t work. So I just restarted the game and ignored that part. Works fine.

I’ve shelved it until I get home as the frame rates on my work rig were abysmal. Back story character creation is always welcome in my book, particularly when they identify the benefit of the choices. So good job on at least that much, HBS!

Gotcha, I’ll log in at a later time then to get the skin, I just started it that way first time because it prompted me to, anyway, loaded back up fine w/o logging in so good to go for tonight. Shame about that work thing.

I was messing with the mech bay. I saw that they limited the placement and weapons to locations that original have those types of weapons, so complete freedom to customize is out. I think I’m okay with that.

My big hope is that this game performs well enough that expansion are in order, such as Citytech and Aerotech. I’d love to see tanks and combined arms show up.

Of course, there are three things that I want that will never be in the game.
LAMS
QUADS
ELEMENTALS

now I’m nervous, I have a really old system and was hoping to play and stream but now I’m hoping I’ll just be able to play. :(

Hm, I am also getting an “unspecified error” when I try to log on with my Paradox account. Maybe their server is getting hammered.

Me too. :(

can’t login so for now you have to play restart the game and just not login.

the game has inverted my monitor numbers which makes this very tricky to deal with. Since my monitors are different max resolution, it won’t let me play on my main screen at full res. having to jump through a lot of hoops to workaround.

Also keybindings seem locked

I just read on a Steam review that 21:9 resolution isn’t supported?! Crap!

To login you first need to transfer 1,000,000,000,000 credits to the Star League.

Uh oh, gamers of a certain mindset are already butthurt about a game set in the far future with splodey mechs.

FromSteam reviews:

In the character creation process, you have the option to “select your pronoun” (He, She, or They). That should tell you all you need to know about how the game is going to unfold.

Too much modern politics squeezed in, I want to escape to the battletech universe, not be reminded of the BS going on in our universe.

Really?? that might be enough to get me to refund this.

I won’t know for sure until after work.

I dont know that I have ever smiled as much playing a game as when I did my first melee attack. Been many years since I was able to do that. Lol

Edit: oh and whoever was concerned with animations, there are sliders to turn down frequency or off for almost all of the cinematic zooms. I have turned all of mine down a lot but left the shoulder aim cam on and it seems pretty nice. Played too much tabletop to be zooming all over. Ps: why dont they make x-wing like this?

This sounds like something they could patch in easily. Just expose all the resolutions DirectX has access to. Unless UX assets break!

So far the negative reviews I’m seeing are mostly garbage.

Best review I’ve read so far:

In the character creation process, you have the option to “select your pronoun” (He, She, or They). That should tell you all you need to know about how the game is going to unfold.

When I get to my PC I plan to compare system requirements. And if it’ll run I plan to buy buy buy.

I never played any of the predecessors, so the negative reviews based on comparisons to older games don’t phase me.