Battletech by Harebrained Schemes (Shadowrun Returns)

This sounds like something they could patch in easily. Just expose all the resolutions DirectX has access to. Unless UX assets break!

So far the negative reviews I’m seeing are mostly garbage.

Best review I’ve read so far:

In the character creation process, you have the option to “select your pronoun” (He, She, or They). That should tell you all you need to know about how the game is going to unfold.

When I get to my PC I plan to compare system requirements. And if it’ll run I plan to buy buy buy.

I never played any of the predecessors, so the negative reviews based on comparisons to older games don’t phase me.

People are very upset about pronouns.

In other news, I can’t get Battletech to display on the correct monitor for me at the correct resolution

Longest. Unpack. Ever.

I should have installed it on my SSD drive.

So far I’ve played the tutorial and part of the first story mission. I like what I see up to this point (although not as much as XCOM), but with a few caveats:

Long loading times

The tutorial is useless, consisting of “move there” and “shoot at that”. If I hadn’t watched a couple of video guides, I probably wouldn’t understand the interface or HUD at all.

There aren’t enough tool tips. See above.

No difficulty selection.

Only one save slot. From what I can tell it’s Ironman or nothing.

Unless you know the lore (which I don’t) the story is convoluted and confusing. It’s like Game of Thrones but starting in the middle of the fourth season.

I’ll be able to get back to it this afternoon and will add more later.

I don’t see a user manual, anyone know if there is one?

edit: this is all I’ve found: https://battletech.gamepedia.com/Battletech_Wiki

Login finally worked for me. Guess the server got a break.

You can disable the cinematics

Note that for me clearing the yellow check box didn’t do the trick, I had to also drag those sliders all the way to the left.

How is it possible to release a hex-based game WITHOUT A PERMANENT TOGGLE FOR SHOWING THE GRID? Unacceptable! Makes the game LITERALLY unplayable.

I made my character and managed to play the first tutorial mission before having to go do some other stuff, looking forward to really getting into the game when time permits.

I don’t think this word means what you think it means.

Seems okay to me.

Fuck Webster.

I thought always show [/s]-tags was activated on Discourse. THANKS WUMPUS!

There’s a Black Knight achievement for shooting both arms and one leg off an enemy mech.

I’d be sold by that alone.

Aimed fire here I come!

In case anyone is interested.

I have a pretty shit and old system, I am able to run it while streaming and it is quite playable. It can hover at lower framerate but since turn based it isnt as big of a deal

I had to choose monitor 2 to get the max res of monitor 1, then go windowed, drag the window to main monitor, then alt-enter to force fullscreen. Fiddling from there should get you working. Hopefully a fix soon

I want to play this but I’m stuck at work watching goddamn CODE OF CONDUCT TRAINING VIDEOS

They get worse year after year

They pretend to be little mini-dramas now

SHOOT ME IN THE FACE