Battletech by Harebrained Schemes (Shadowrun Returns)

I tweaked my loadout but I’m still not completely happy. I have it backwards where my assaults are my missile boats. I need to reverse that so I knockdown enemy mechs and then finish them off in later phases.

Also I still have a lot of trouble with heat management.

Oh well, still more stuff to play with.

It would be cool to seea LosTech DLC that included some Light or Medium mechs with XL engines or double heat sinks, something to give you more options then just the heaviest mech possible.

Speaking of which, Behemoth is speced out for melee, and I really don’t know whether she is beat in the Shadow Hawk or Dragon. The Shadow Hawk deals 5 less damage, and has a weaker internal structure, but, it has higher initiative, and if you decide to max out jump jets, can actually carry more weapons/armor.

This sounds like it would be light on armor isn’t it?

Oh yes, that girl does not like being shot at! But she never does. She can hang back and lob missiles at the things. Only very rarely do the enemy try and take a shot at her.

I use an Orion-V for my LRM carrier. 2xLRM20 plus 1xLRM10, however many +'s are available … I tried 3xLRM20 for a while, but the armor is so thin, I’d end up having to replace launchers if anybody got back to em.

Edit- The Orion pilot always has multishot … their job is to knock things down, and sometimes I can split the stab damage. I’m usually also running either an Awesome and/or a Highlander with PPC’s with + stab dmg.

I have the exact same setup (most with bonus stability damage) and it works great. Wouldn’t mind a heavier version, but haven’t seen any with as many missile hard points. Stays far enough in the back to almost never get shot at. Generally fills the stability bar of whatever she shoots at, and then a little multishot tap from one of my other mechs finishes the knockdown.

Though I did have one tricky situation last night where it spawned for the mission on a boulder that it couldn’t get down from. Thought about reloading, but was able to bait the opfor into coming to me, so it worked out.

I had an interesting spawn on a base capture last night where the target was in something of a caldera. I didn’t have anything with jump jets so I had to go al the way around the crater to get down. Because of the way the surrounding ridge was set up, one of the opfor was sometimes in and sometimes out of line of sight, which was fun working with.

Would have been a much different mission with jump jets.

Does anyone know if the PPC aiming penalty stacks with multiple hits?

One thing that I think would be nice for them to add would be the ability to trade all the random salvage slots for 1 extra chosen at the salvage screen.

looks longingly at that 3rd awesome salvage piece

It would also be nice if there was a log recorded of battles, or a possibly a replay.

Tried a Jagermech A today with 4 LRM15s :). That is a lot of rockets.

I’m experimenting with missile boats as well…the Orion-V with 2 LRM 20’s and a Lg Laser+++ is currently my favorite, mostly because it still carries a lot of armor and can tank hits quite well. Having the AI spread its firepower out over 4 mechs instead of 3 actually makes quite a difference.

Though my Jagermech-A has only 3 LRM15’s…will have to try the 4 LRM15 version. :D

The stability thing is a design decision, I think. I remember reading somewhere that the devs thought a one-shot knockdown would be too OP…and I think they’re right.

I imagine if someone hit my jagermech it would’ve exploded, it had very little armor. I’ll have to look at my orions.

Had to uninstall. It’s been locking up mid-battle here and there (every 3rd mission or so). I went light on purpose into a battle where they did the whole “reinforcements after 2 turns” shit and I was just absolutely running them around whuppin’ their ass and on the last major tactical victory for me when I shut down the last actual threat with heat damage from a firestarter it froze on me. Just sitting there waiting for whatever timer has already passed. An hour or more down the drain. I can’t take it. You guys let me know when all these fucking bugs are worked out.

LRMs don’t appeal to me nearly as much as SRMs, so far. 4x SRM-6 seems pretty nice.

Haven’t had any in-game bugs besides the annoyingly slow load times. Unless you count reinforcements on turn 1 or 2 all the time as a bug, or the mistaken tell at the end of a reinforcement fight. Today I had my first-ever mission that had reinforcements show after the first wave was wiped out. More often than not I meet the reinforcements even before I meet the main enemy because I’m moving around the side…

Do I trigger the next story mission by taking two random missions, or is time involved too? I’m ready to zip through the story.

I’ve been immune to many of the other issues that stop people from enjoying this game, but something happened to me tonight that I couldn’t help laugh about in despair. The objective was to keep a bunch of APCs from reaching an area that I had surrounded with mechs.

No problem, I thought, I will shoot them as soon as they appear. Cue an APC coming into view, driving merrily along towards the objective area, I get a pop up message about how they are getting close and that I should stop them, they keep driving. Driving… driving… oh look they reached the objective area, mission failed. All in the glacially slow pace that the show occasionally presents.

Just lost my first pilot. Poor Medusa.

A hard fight, and the sad part is he lost to a mistake. I think I could have saved him.

That being said, I could have a lost him a lot sooner as well.

Another question I have about the game is the Eject option. Isn’t an ejection supposed to occur at the moment of destruction? Why would a mech pilot eject prior to terminal damage, just like a jet pilot. You don’t eject until you’re “going down”. So who would eject in a turn where they’re still alive? I’ve never ejected once in this game. Eject should be an automatic action at the moment of destruction, with varying (I guess) chances of success.

Does anyone else ever use this Eject option?

I used it many times to save valuable pilots in damaged mechs that I was unsure would be safe another turn.

I wish I had used it for Medusa, but Ideally thought the Griffin would go down before it’s next turn.

Now I have to replace him, but it’s tough, since he had really hi stats

That’s one.