Battletech by Harebrained Schemes (Shadowrun Returns)

But only because of the changes to the game design that the PC game made.

On a different note, anyone else found that missions have become a smidge harder, now that a lot of stock mechs suck a lot less? The AI doesn’t overheat as much, especially the Black Knight and the K2- Catapult.

Since I’m still in the early game, I haven’t seen a Catapult or Black Knight yet. I know that obnoxious Commando COM-1B with the Large Laser is a lot punchier than he used to be because he can fire the damn thing about every turn. My Spider is currently in the shop for CT/RT/RA replacement due to that clown.

Wow. Defense: Smithon is a bear. Think I’ll farm mechs for a while longer.

In other news, F10 still not working for saves.

I have a question: do the enemies ever get equipped with + (or ++ or +++) weapons? We can get these weapons as salvage but I noticed this patch has a toggle for that which makes me think that the + weapons are not directly linked to the enemy mechs. I’ve also noticed that the enemy mechs never seem to do bonus damage, even on scenarios when I salvage +++ items.

I think not, because I would notice if a medium laser deals 35 damage, but I have salvaged them.

I think saving a game before the mission ends can change the items ready for salvage.

Edit: Nevermind.
Also: Shortening travel cutscenes, taken from a Reddit thread.

I don’t skip the cutscenes but i do make the travel time go very fast. The true beauty of this game is that it’s very easy to mod. I recommend notepade ++, it’s free and is an amazing tool for many things.

ok so the file you are looking for is in (for me):

C:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\BATTLETECH\Battletech_Data\StreamingAssets\data\simGameConstants\SimGameConstants

1)Open SimGameConstants with notepad++

2)Look for:

“Travel” : {

“DefaultSystemTravelTime” : 4,
“DefaultFuelTime” : 3,
“FuelStationFuelTime” : 3,

}

2)change those 3 values each to 1

3)Next look for time:

“Time” : {

“DayElapseTimeSlow” : 3,
“DayElapseTimeNormal” : 1.25,
“DayElapseTimeFast” : 0.5

},

change the 3 to a 1, the 1.25 to a .5, and the 0.5 to a .2

These are just the values I use, but you can make them faster or slower depending on the values. They do make the cut scenes easier to endure, since the days past very fast when traveling between planets.

It works for me.

Looks like they pushed out 1.1, my system is just finishing installing, hopefully this doesn’t break my campaign as I’m only 3-4 main story missions away from done…

You should now find a Steam key for Stellaris in your BackerKit account - thanksl, PDX! - and if you don’t see it, please email us at http://harebrained-schemes.com/contact/.

Cool.

Yeah thats nice of them, I’ll pay it forward to a Qt3er who doesn’t have it.

Thanks @lordkosc Been wanting this for a long time :)

Just bought my third Exchanger. Surprising.

Exchanger?

Heat exchanger. They are a bit hard for me to use because I love Auto cannons, but if you get your alpha over 60 heat, its a good deal.

So I have an Atlas with 2 AC 20s, and I like it, but it feels so limited. I don’t have much of a middle ground if I need to reduce heat use (because of jumping), or need to push a mech over, and if I have low accuracy on the gun, it’s on both guns.

Right now I have my LOSTECH Highland with a Large Laser, Gaus Rifle and AC 5,
A Highlander with 4 LRM 15s
And an Altas with an AC 10+++, 2 Large Lasers and an SRM 6
If I decided to fall to only a single AC 20, what should I pack my Mech with?

Not to put too fine a point on it… but that is probably a hate crime. 😂

Damn Auto Correct. No I’m not keeping it! Somethings… despite being funny, just need to be changed.

I love my Highlander, wish I could find another one.

In the late game the non lostech Higlanders aren’t hard to find. They are basically my favorite assault mech in the game since I really like the hardpoints mix. Especially on the 733 variant. Great platform to build a LRM-focused support mech or a short range brawler or anything in between.

I feel the same way about my Gays Gauss rifle. :)

haha, yeah, I’ve had many a mission where the AI goes all gaga over trying to shoot it off my highlander, and as a result i’ve had to occasionally do some odd things in a battle (like in the last one I jump jetted him behind a mountain so they couldn’t shoot at him any more and finished out that battle with just three mechs)