Battletech by Harebrained Schemes (Shadowrun Returns)

Consider it done. I’m wrapping up my 18-part, 5-GM, 20-player scifi comedy extravaganza in about 36 hours and am gonna be real bored after that…

Or you could just kill all the enemies and then go back to sit in the pen for 4 turns…

This has been the reason that I occasionally consider cheating an Atlas into my mech bay. But I just can’t bring myself to do it.

I guess I sort of took a middle road on it then, I keep the mech group together and worked on taking out a batch coming over the hill and then worked on taking out those coming up the road.

They just did what they do, which if focus fire on a particular mech of mine.

Yeah, I really was hoping this was another mission like the one where they gave me a highlander only this time it was an atlas.

You guys: you will get that Atlas at the end of the campaign. You also have a chance to fight and salvage an Atlas in 4 Skull and above missions. (Although with the new patch fine tuning difficulty, Atlii might be limited to 4.5 Skull and above missions now.)

In my view, what you really want to salvage near the end of the game are King Crabs, Highlanders and Stalkers - a lance of those 3 is cooking with gas. Stalker at 85 tons has a surprising amount of tonnage available, even with jump jets, and has very good hard points. Highlander also has good hard points, especially one version (733? or the 733B? I forget). And King Crab, well, it’s good to be the king.

I mean I love the ol’ Mighty Armored Doughboy as much as the next mech fan but the Atlas is not the only excellent end-game mech IMO.

Well, the point isn’t so much the end game. It’s that Lady Asshole took the mech that we earned really early in the game. We’re her chosen mercs. We’re saving her ass. We deserve it. Hell, we need it.

Lady Arano looks at this post on a holovid, sheds a single tear, and vows to deliver an Atlas to RichVR no matter the personal cost.

Not that the story matters that much (they’re certainly gameplay reasons why they won’t give you the Atlas that early), but in the story, Arano fights battles from the frontlines. Including battles where your company isn’t involved. She also has her own house troops.

There’s nothing that unreasonable about her keeping the Atlas. Heck, I suspect that in a real world scenario, most feudal lords wouldn’t even hand over the highlander.

My problem from the mission was I took a pretty decent beating and had exactly jack to show for it, no atlas (fine have it your way and queen of the galaxy keeps her precious atlas), no plus weapons and no salvage of any consequence whatsoever. I’ve literally had 2 star missions that provided better, well, everything.

For a priority mission that’s only about 3 or so away from the end of the entire game I would of expected a little help baked in and it wasn’t, that’s all.

I can solve for this by grinding but that’s starting to wear a little thin w/ me at least because I’ve done a fair amount of it already just to get the lance I’ve got built.

Even while typing that I realized how whining it was. 😂 But sometimes I get too wrapped up in myself to care. At least I didn’t drop to the ground, kick my feet and cry. This time.

hehe, I proudly admitted earlier I was just taking this out for a good whine.

But I should point out I still love this game. Off to go run some side missions hunting for some more assaults.

Yeah, Lady Arano earns keeping that Atlas for awhile b/c she actually fights in it. I like the whole “we don’t need no steenking Disney Princesses here, Lady Arano is a MECHWARRIOR!” vibe that her character has.

Woohoo, got a KingCrab.

Me too! An hour ago!

Now I have a Stalker, 3 Highlanders, and a King Crab.

Man, you’re set. I’ve got 2/3’s of a Highlander (besides the one they gave you on a priority mission), I don’t run across those often so don’t know if I’ll manage to find the last 1/3 before I decide to run the last mission and complete the campaign.

Is it worth it to upgrade my Highlander 733 (non LosTech) with a King Crab? The King Crab can carry more, but it lacks the Missile Hard Points for a good missile boat. The best I can do is 3 LRM 15s and an LRM 5.

That being said, I can give it a two AC+++ 2 to compliments to give it more long range punch.

Believe me, you don’t need a host of assault mechs to win the final battle. I did it with, I believe, one assault mech in the Highlander I received via script and of course Arana’s Atlas. I didn’t lose a single mech in that battle and destroyed the entire enemy lance. One of the easier fights in the game all things considered.

You know what’s annoying? The virus random event. No matter what I pick I end up with one or more pilots in medical for 30 to 45 days. Screw that noise.

Headshots. So satisfying when doing them yourself, so devastating when they happen against you.