Battletech by Harebrained Schemes (Shadowrun Returns)

I think it will be a lot of fun, and since it’s turned based, no need to worry about clicking super fast.

So I just got my first Atlas. Strange setup. I was doing a 4 1/2 skull mission just for the hell of it. When the Atlas showed up I did my usual thing. My KC with the 2 AC20+++ headshot. Boom! Down. I finished up and got the full salvage.

Later in the mech bay I discovered that it was my first. I thought I had at least one. Now I’m seeing them a lot.

Guess what? Expansion incoming!

You just beat me. Did you catch the new mech though? Looks like Hatchetts are in!

sweet! more battletech is good battletech. BATTLETECH.

Yeah. I wonder how they’re going to work the damage on that?

Take my money NOW. I will purchase every piece of DLC on this product.

This is awesome news!

I just got a little nerd judged by my wife. As I started watching the vid when I leapt out of my chair excitedly and exclaimed “Hatchetman!”

I may or may not have done a little happy dance as well.

Did you say little happy dance?

Can someone explain why Hatchmen are so exciting. It’s just a medium mech with an axe isn’t it?

It’s a medium mech with a Hatchet!

the rockpapershotgun article mentioned a mission type just for medium/light mechs. so not just a medium.

Two reasons.

1. It’s a classic mech that those of us with a tabletop Battletech experience wanted to see as an old favorite.

2. It (very likely) means they tuned up the melee system. This is good as that was the rare area where the I felt the video game really didn’t capture the feel of tabletop. After simplifying melee so much and taking out all the options except Death-From-Above what was left was a bit bland and uninspiring to me.

I still need my hovercrafts and infantry. VTOL would be cool, as well.

Yeah, I just want combined warfare.

I’m cool with the waiting, but I still want my Linux version… On the positive side, more balance patches by the time they finish it.

Or it means they added a zero-range weapon with a special animation. I’m probably less hopeful than you because of how much I think they dropped the ball on melee, in particular how they discussed intentionally nerfing it.

Eliminating the choice to kick or punch because it’s too confusing for the user? Sigh.

When do you all think this might come out? I’m wondering if I should keep my campaign on hold til then. And I sure hope they’ve fixed the awful performance in the store and when editing your mech loadouts (when you have tons of items).

I’m going to guess, no. The switch from buy to sell still takes over a minute for me. OTOH, I’d keep playing. This seems to add certain kinds of missions. Of course YMMV.