Battletech by Harebrained Schemes (Shadowrun Returns)

I really enjoyed the cartoon, but that was many years ago, I may rewatch it one day for nostalgia (it isn’t very long).

Anyway, apparently in my Kickstarter enthusiasm I bought 2 copies of this game. Why? My only friend also into battletech already had kickstarted.

Just tried the first episode…and people, that was utterly terrible. Now switching to enhanced imaging! etc So bad!

You shut your freebirth mouth! 😁

Sorry but I couldn’t help laughing 😂 It was truly awful compared with other stuff out at the same time, like Batman the Animated Series or even Cadillacs & Dinosaurs.

It’s right there in the thread title, but I keep forgetting this is done by the Shadowrun Returns team.

So there was lore?
Wow, never looked beyond cool clan names and something to shoot at.

Oh my goodness so much lore. In my case, I read the House sourcebooks before ever playing Battletech or MechWarrior. The sourcebooks went into extreme detail on the history of each of the five major factions, running several hundred pages each. They were packed with beautiful artwork, uniform designs, biographies, and even detailed orders of battle. They eventually came out with sourcebooks for minor factions and several prominent clans.

Oh man yeah, even the base boxed game had lots of tantalizing tidbits about the five houses, the planets in play, the state of lostech, so much good stuff.

You’re totally good. In fact if you’re playing clans, all you really need is “space Vikings came from space and killed everyone with their super giant robots”, boom, backstory.

Step 1: Forget that the Clans Exist
Step 2: Convince yourself that this is a pretty solid mech all things considered:

Poor man’s Archer and 20 tons lighter. Really good mech.

Just looked up the series on Youtube… loved it as a kid, with the early CGI. But yeah, that’s pretty bad. I like how the Clanner in the first episode is going on about how pathetic the InnerSphere guys are when they have him dead to rights, non moving, chewing him up … but his mech is somehow impervious to lasers?

‘Reboot’ was already doing better CGI though.

That’s the spirit! :)

I thought you were talking about the game. I was worried.

No one is talking about the game. They are just openly displaying their Clan prejudices. They used to be just subtle dog whistles but now it is open and blatant. Sad.

For that, we’re assigning you a 5 small laser Charger 1A1: Charger - BattleTechWiki

Keep this up and your getting a UM-R60L: UrbanMech - BattleTechWiki

:)

I think you mean the 60. The 60L could accidentally achieve something every now and then.

No problem so long as you use it in CityTech. Small enough to hide behind buildings, enough jump jets to leap over small buildings, an AC/10 that packs enough punch to respect and enough armor to take a couple decent hits; an UrbanMech can be a formidable weapon. Give me a lance of UrbanMechs, a supply depot and a city environment and I have good odds of taking down even an assault mech.

Everything has its place.

Yeah, that was terrible on epic levels. I mean… really, really bad. Maybe I’ll watch episode 2 just in case it gets better, but I’ll have to rebuild my tolerance level before I try.

Accept no substitute for accidentally overheating every fucking turn.

And God help you if anyone gets behind you.