Battletech by Harebrained Schemes (Shadowrun Returns)

To be precise, the ones taken from Robotech/Macross look great. It’s many of the ones that were originally created by FASA that look like knock-offs. The later clan ones were made once the IP had taken off and they could afford to do better.

$32 on Fanatical I see.

https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/battletech

I know this is not an RTS, but after the games been played a bit, I’m so going to put this game on the tournament list!

Bit of fun on Steam today as the devs put this picture into their announcements :

Drawing community comments like:

“Steiner multi-purpose lance I see.”

“A better Scout lance, or the best Scout lance?”

“Remember, there’s the right way, the wrong way, and the Steiner way.”

That is great

smiley face

This looks excellent. Probably going to be day 1 for me.

The Gray Death Legion rides again!

Me likey dat

I’m on this like stink on a chimpanzee.

Me too, probably preorder. Listening to the Paradox podcast, they really want people to preorder. Why is that though? Doesn’t change their bottom line.

One thing that is super weird to me is that the pre-order bonus seems super weak sauce to me. I mean, I think it’s great that there is no P2W component or anything to it, but as an interested consumer who will very likely buy it, it seems like waiting a day or two for reviews isn’t worth giving up for a custom mech paint job and a wallpaper image. I don’t know what would actually be a better option, but I went to pre-order it a couple weeks back and then saw that there isn’t really an incentive to do so.

No, but they’re getting the money now before it can be spent on another game, or something trivial like food and shelter.

Maybe they’re trying to convince their publishers to start funding an expansion or console version now?

I’m putting all my resources into ship upgrades.

We’ll take a beating on the battlefield, but we’ll arrive there in style.

I enjoyed the way armor and damage worked in Renegade Legion more than Battletech, was quite fun. The PC adaptation of Renegade Legion Interceptor was pretty amazing and took many hours of my life from me.

Stumbled on this trip down memory lane.

Mechwarrior 5! Wooooo!

Oh man, this thread makes me want to go back and play MechCommander. I’m always so afraid of playing old games I love that I’ll find out they weren’t nearly as good as I recall.