Battletech by Harebrained Schemes (Shadowrun Returns)

hmm, says steam key pending, guess I get nothing with the lowest level pledge yet. Perhaps Monday I hope?!

edit: man, watching some video on this one has got me jazzed to jump in

I really threw caution to the wind and bought my copy from Razer’s new gaming store (I had a really good coupon). Hope the code shows up before Tuesday!

Wow I just noticed GMG ran out of keys. D:

Good thing I have cough home office cough Wednesday and Thursday.

That is probably the only game video longer than 3 minutes I have ever watched. Most intriguing even though I know about Battletech. I don’t think I have ever played a mech game even.

Unfortunately after getting all interested I don’t think my video card meets minimum specs…and it appears my ROG laptop’s gpu & cpu are not updateable, at least without significant hassle. Bummer.

Where have you been the last 10 years?

The DasTactic video is the first BattleTech video I’ve been sucked into. The mechbay stuff is pretty simple though if you’ve ever played a MechWarrior game before. I stopped watching at the campaign. One nice thing is he plays the backstory intro video at the end. That’s the only real lore I needed.

The Steam guide is good too. Most of it is pretty straightforward, but there are a couple boardgame quirks I didn’t realize existed from my prior Mech videogame experience.

GMG preorders are back up. They don’t seem to have the keys yet, but they’re giving away a free copy of War Tech Fighters (which I’d never heard of) with each sale.

This is one of those Kickstarter projects that I backed that–gasp–is actually coming to fruition! Ok, to be fair, all of them have come to fruition I think except the iOS version of Gettysburg (no great loss, that). And ATG, but that one actually seems to be moving along, so that should be ok too.

This one is one I’m really looking forward to. I liked the Shadowrun games, with all their flaws, and the beta for this was very promising. All the buzz lately seems to point to a good 'un.

My anticipation is soaring.

All mechs all ppcs loadout will become reality.

I could not be more excited for this one! I started playing the tabletop game way, way back in the day. Finally, a true turn-based adaptation (with modern visuals) of one of my most favorite things ever is upon us.

Am I the only one that wishes someone would show how this game looks with out the cinematic presentation enabled? I think this game looks great but then looks a little less great when the camera gets shoved right into the arm pit of a mech firing its weapons. I don’t think I have ever been able to see what the game looks like when mechs taking firing actions from the top down/isometric view, and it’s driving me nutty.

E:

Closest I have come so far is seeing a jump jet maneuver that stayed isometric. And to me looked so much better than every other time I’ve seen a jump jet execution. So good. This…

Compared to this…

Don’t get me wrong, the cinematic view is nice and I’m sure it’s great for the streaming audience and it looks more like an action movie. But I guess I’m just a big board game nerd and I like my action higher up?

I was really looking forward to this as a first day purchase. Then I got my Steam key email. So I must have backed it and forgotten about it. Yay… I guess?

Somewhere up thread I said that there’s no reason to preorder and I would wait for reviews. I watched a brief stream of it and preordered before it was half done…

It’s the first thing i’m going to disable when i get the game.

I am dreading the “AI sucks” Qt3 backlash next week. :)

I’m not because I gather nourishment and energy from QT3 AI hate threads. Whenever I feel weak I visit the Civ or Stellaris threads to suck from the teat of exasperation.

I felt the same ever since XCOM. It actually looks better to me when you see all those fancy animations from a little further away. Kind of like Total War.

Uh oh, have you been picking up on the videos shown so far the AI might be a weak link? I was watching one stream myself just to get the animated GIF’s I made (above) and wondered in that video why the AI split up his three vehicles and sent them coming from different directions but at widely varied points in time, giving the player a “kung fu one attacker from the circle at a time” feel, but I thought it was a one-off because it’s the only video I’ve really watched and a really early mission…

Isometric view is what I want as well. That’s the game I’ve been awaiting for three decades, though I’d certainly appreciate watching an instant replay in cinematic view now and then.

I’m not too worried about the AI since there is a campaign layer. The challenge will be winning efficiently. Some sort of hard mode or difficulty mod would be cool at some point though.