Battletech by Harebrained Schemes (Shadowrun Returns)

Another great combat guide:

It taught me something else new:

“There is a circle around the feet of the target unit that indicates which side of the enemy your weapons will hit. This is also reflected in the target readout in the upper center of the HUD that highlights which locations could be randomly hit.”

When you have a lot of damage and then have to repair which can take 40 days can you advanced the game those 40 days? Otherwise one can not complete the next contract with only one mech (as an example). Or do you have to go and do the last mission over again?

Early game I did a bunch of missions with 3 mecs, they are not that hard. Is that what you are asking?

The loss of time is probably just money (assuming there’s no loss condition or built in triggers later on).

I read that difficulty depends on the system you fight in so later on you can seek out easier missions by traveling there. It takes sooo long to travel thought!

I am sad to say that three mechs were unusable without repairs. Hard to go on a contract with only one mech.

If Turner painted Battletech!

I updated yesterday independently of BattleTech - just happened to be that time - and my 1060 didn’t go nuts. Yet, anyway.

I installed yesterday’s driver and played Battletech fine. Tonight I couldn’t even start the game.

I checked GeForce Experience and they had a new update. I just installed that and was just able to start the game. Weird.

I have a 970.

Yes, from the main dropship screen you can advance as many days as you like, though of course you won’t be taking in any revenue. You can also accept a contract, and use the transit time to heal up and fix up, and when you get there, you can still run the clock until you want to hit the start mission button.

Is there a way to click on enemies can see their weapons, the weapons optimal range and damage? Or do we have to memorize the strengths and weaknesses of each enemy?

My laptop is equal to or better than my desktop in every way (except it’s a laptop) and this game runs like crap on it. Terrible frame rates at medium detail. My desktop runs at a higher resolution and highest graphic setting and runs fine. 970s on both.

Right click on the enemy to bring up their paper doll. Then click each section to see which weapons they have mounted there.

Thanks!

I tried moving that clock ahead but ran out of credits before I could complete the contract. I went back to an earlier save and started over. I did better this time around since I am a little more used to the interface (at first I would sometimes end up facing the wrong direction even though I know I had it set towards the enemy).

Maybe throttling due to overheating? Only thing I could think of.

Thanks, I think that might be it. The game makes the laptop sound like it’s playng an FPS. Fans are going hard before I am even in battle as well.

I saw a tip to enable vsync in the Nvidia control panel (and the game) to prevent excess heat. Worth a try.

Or install a 1 ton heatsink. ;-)

Jesus Christ these fucking things.

I mean, I’m already not thrilled when a traditional Hunchback stomps over the hill, because one lucky hit with that AC20 and you’re removing your pilot from the cockpit with a hose. But then this thing shows up with its Jean Michel Jarre light show and it should have some sort of seizure warning.

It doesn’t care about evasion or even cover because at least some of the ninety seven lasers it carries are going to get through and land enough hits in a short enough time that one side of your mech looks like a Salvador Dali painting.

If you can survive three rounds with it then you’re fine, because the heat output melts a hole in the planet and the Hunchback falls in, but there’s not usually much of you left to celebrate.

This was pure poetry.

Yugogirl!

Was pointed to this quote from a dev regarding headshots and spray weapons ‘This is actually not the case. For volley weapons, we only check for a head hit on the first bullet/missile. If it doesn’t hit the head, none of them will. If it does, only that one shot will strike the head out of the whole volley.’

Good to hear

I’m assuming you can be killed and not just incapacitated when your mech is taken out? Poor little blackjack has taken a beating and I’m back in the med bay again.

Question about story:

If she bought up the debt and is going to consider it settled once she takes the throne, why am I still seeing bank payments? From what I can see my operating expenses haven’t really changed.