Bay Area peeps: I need some roommates!

Great, now not only are we discriminating on Houngan’s gun rights but on all of Oakland. I’m putting one and one together and you don’t like where this is going.

I mean, come on. It’s legal internet action. Pretty much the extremely quick yet extremely dull pocketknife of litigation.

Of course, I could grow a beard and start thinking I’m better than everyone else if that helps. I just want to fit in.

H.

Well, Houngan, I’m not sure I can help with a gun safe. We’re each using individual boxes buried in a back lot.

Gourmand and I and two others just signed a lease for an awesome place in North Oakland, so get ready, Bay Area peeps, for some serious LAN action in the next couple months!

Also, we need a TV. Anyone got a nice-ish TV they wanna sell to a friend for cheap? :)

But . . . but . . . but . . . but I just started growing my beard!

H.

I could probably swing that if you can pick it up in Alabama.

Well I have an apartment of stuff to sell before leaving for the UK :) tv, roomba, food processor…

It’s ok, gun nut beards translate well into Unix beards. Learn some CLI tricks, and you’re off to the races.

You slackjawed homosexual, I knew Unix before there was Linux! And no proper Unix geek would use the term “CLI”, they would just say shell or scripting. (Also, Memphis Minnie’s on Haight. Trust me, best BBQ in the world.)

H.

Hahaha, oh wow. May the Stallman be with you.

Heh, actually I hate all *nix, but I had to old-folk represent! I think the first I learned was SCO, but at a pretty mediocre level. Anyway, trust me on the BBQ advice, the brisket is insane.

H.

Can’t beat Central Texas BBQ though…

— Alan

I dunno, I tried a few places in Austin, and while it was good, it wasn’t revelatory.

H.

Yeah, you have to travel outside of Austin to BBQ towns in central Texas. Though Sam’s BBQ or Franklin’s are pretty good.

Yeah, you have to travel outside of Austin to BBQ towns in central Texas. Though Sam’s BBQ or Franklin’s are pretty good.

I think we just learned something . . .

H.

No wonder you hate unix… shudder

Yeah that’s cause we’re not talking about Austin. I mean Central Texas. The BBQ cathedrals in Lockhart. The original Salt Lick. The places in Luling and Taylor.

— Alan