BBC Creates Another Dirk Gently Show

I’m enjoying it but don’t you think that Bart is a deus ex machina?

Is this on Netflix now in the US? I don’t think I have BBC America on cable.

She absolutely is and that’s kind of the whole point of a holistic assassin. Its built in to her character almost by definition. Actually pretty much all of the Blackwing subjects are.

Turns out BBC also cancels another Dirk Gently show…

Ah well, fun while it lasted, I guess.

That’s a shame, I won’t forget Bart and Mona

Sad news, but I’m so glad the two seasons we got were so enjoyable.

Bummer, really liked this season.

The Facebook post about the cancellation says, “last season on BBC America”. Maybe Agrajag ain’t beat yet.

I got to say, it’ll be a pity if this was cancelled. Still the ending was done well, and leaves a lot ot the imagination.

Season 2 is finally up on Netflix UK.

Watched the 4 first episodes of season 2, really enjoying it. Sad to see it was cancelled. Any chance Netflix might pick it up for renewal?

Well, Max Landis is apparently a scumbag and they dropped him from Bright 2, so I guess there’s some chance they might grab it without him but I don’t know that that’s super likely.

I’m trying hard not to let my positive regard for Dirk Gently be tainted by the comments made by Max Landis. I do have a hard time separating creator from their art, though.

Really dug season 2 and am saddened that we won’t get another season with what was really an ensemble of actors and characters who were a joy to watch. I have to admit though that I had forgotten many of the characters from season 1 - went into the season 2 only remembering Todd, Dirk, Julian McMahon’s scientist and Bart. Maybe one of the effects of binging stuff rather than having it spread across a longer period of time.

I liked Susan’s arc in that she wasn’t the innocent and underappreciated housewife becoming slowly corrupted. The premise felt awfully familiar initially, but then we find out that she’s been a somewhat nasty person in her own way all along.

I hear ya. Recent allegations aside, I saw a few interviews with him and he came across as rather full of himself. Can’t cope with criticism too well either based on his response to American Ultra not doing so greatly.