Beating the Chick Parabola

I love how many of the achievements are ‘heres a stupid pun/ pop culture reference, go have fun’ or ‘so you think you’re hot shit? Make France, Ottomans, and Austria so inferior you Guarantee Independence for all three’.

So many possibilities. Playing Machiavelli’s Nightmare is very different than going for Switzerlake, even if they nominally are the same region.

They’re fun game, but hard to get into if you don’t have that… goal thing worked out. When someone asks what do I do, it’s like, well that depends… are you trying to become a king, are you trying to keep an empire together, how close are you to the mongol invasion area, preparing for that all, maybe you just don’t want to piss off France for a bit. Paradox can definitely provide some unique experiences but the interface are… interesting, and yeah it’s not a win condition in the traditional sense. EU feels way easier at least though compared to CK2. And I don’t know if they were the first with CB, but like seeing that in other games… if the AI can use it well that is.

So how is the fully-patched-and-allegedly-fully-operational version? Reviews of the release version were exceedingly poor (like 60-something percent) so I’m leery of buying even on sale. But I am intrigued since Alpha Centauri is an all-time favorite.

Digo

Pandora is significantly improved by the post-release patches. And the ai is probably the best I’ve faced in a 4X.

I’m just surprised that James Cameron/Disney would license that property out to Slitherine.

I don’t understand the title of this thread. Mastering/understanding the game mechanics is the game. That is my take on TCP. Hadn’t thought in terms of beating TCP.

This dude abides by TCP.

Ditto

The Chick Parabola kicks in when you’re skilled enough to know that the AI doesn’t understand the game. The thread title is about games that avoid this effect, not players.

Got it

Deity Empires fits this definition.