Behold the 2022 thread of animated GIFs and nothing but animated GIFs!

Here’s another better one, along with a reminder that posting an image in this thread does NOT constitute an endorsement!

I endorse this image, this character, and this game.

Wait, what? There’s a game about Bayonetta’s college years, when she was played by an Alia Shawkat character model???

bayo-bayonetta

It’s Nico from Devil May Cry 5 and I was under the impression you played that one? I could be mistaken though.

I love her. She’s awesome.

But you have to admit my casting was pretty good, right? Rex gets it! :)

I’ve only played the early bits of DMC5, but it’s a game I intend to revisit. Even if just to rewatch the fun behind-the-scenes stuff!

It was. In fact, your casting looks more like Nico than the actual actress that served as her face model.

And yeah, you should play DMC5. It’s not only a great game, but it looks amazing — the characters in special.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/JadedFatalHyrax-size_restricted.gif

Do I need to have played previous DMCs to get it? Should I get the Special Edition?

Devilman Crybaby GIF - Devilman Crybaby - Discover & Share GIFs

Hmmmm, playing DMC 4 before 5 is a good idea, since there are plot points in this game that directly relate to that one. That said, DMC 5 is self contained enough that you can enjoy it without having played any DMC before.

Special Edition includes some things - the “behind the scenes” footage is particularly endearing - but the base game should be enough. The Vergil DLC is recommended but you can leave it for after you play the base game.

Started a 2023 GIF thread.